Should I exchange my bionic for razr

madmako

Reaction score
Razr with Non-Replaceable Battery?

Who, in their right mind, would buy any of these 4G power piggies without a replaceable battery? And, unless I'm mistaken, the Razr battery even has less mAh life than the Bionic (Ref: ESAT). Unless Moto has made a leap in power management for the new Razr, it's going to bomb out big time.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the Bionic without a replaceable battery. I have one but I don't use it. It's called plugging it in.

The RAZR battery actually has a bit more life than the Bionic and it's power saving features are impressive. It can reduce the clock speed of the processor when you are doing non intensive things or the phone is off. That will add a HUGE amount of power savings.

Who, in their right mind, would buy any of these 4G power piggies without a replaceable battery? And, unless I'm mistaken, the Razr battery even has less mAh life than the Bionic (Ref: ESAT). Unless Moto has made a leap in power management for the new Razr, it's going to bomb out big time.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
In other words, you're reducing the functionality of the device.
No thanks... I'll keep my fully functional Bionic.

Decent specs mean nothing if the device isnt using them.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, you are getting FULL functionality.

But why clock out at 1.2 when your writing an email? Why have it running that fast when you're doing nothing.

When you pick it up and start using it, then it goes back to 1.2.

I see that as intelligent battery management.

In other words, you're reducing the functionality of the device.
No thanks... I'll keep my fully functional Bionic.

Decent specs mean nothing if the device isnt using them.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
it's limited functionality. thats what the "Smart Actions" app is designed for, throttling back power to conserve battery.

candy coat it anyway you want, limited functionality is limited functionality.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know what limited functionality is. I had an OG Droid for 2 years and had SetCPU throttling my battery down when I was low.

If this just reduces the clock speed without in any manner affecting the operation of the device that is not limited functionality it's genius.

nailerdog

Reaction score
Bionic to RAZR? If you don't care about the battery and want to stay as current as possible, go for it. Screen is better and you will be one generation newer in Motos products. Keep in mind that the Bionic was suppose to be out a long time ago and had huge delays.

I would expect similar glitches to what any of thes new high end devices have when the RAZR comes out though. My Thunderbolt had it's issues and so does my Bionic. I won't be jumping on RAZR but I'll grab a Nexus when it comes out and I don't expect it to be perfect but I trust Google more than Verizon to release bug fixes on a timely basis.

I normally try to stay current with the latest. The market for Thunderbolts and Bionics is still pretty good. A mint Bionic is still bringing 400 + on CL. It's normally possible to find someone who paid 299 on an upgrade and wants to make a 100 for what ever comes out new. 100 every 6 months or so to get something you want isn't cheap but it's not that bad either.