Should I exchange my bionic for razr

ebdvm

Reaction score
I'm stiill in the 14th day period to return my bionic to vrz.

My question is would you do it?

I have had the bionic for 1 week and has been working great, few minor issues. I don't like the mess with internal sd and external sd configuration and don't like the camera and I take plenty of pics.

Battery life should not be an issue 90% of the time I'm at my office or home conected to wifi and can charge the phone any time.
I had the droid x and charging it overnight was sufficient to get me through the day.

Please advice I have 6 more days to decide on returning the bionic and preorder the razr.

justicw

Reaction score
I kept my bionic (today is my last day) just too nice of a phone to return IMO

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
I decided to keep mine. I think today is my 14th day actually.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Inb4 it breaks and you break it because its not kevlar.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, there is a update coming in November which should help the camera.

There are a lot of threads here about what you're going through. Personally I'd keep my Bionic over the RAZR, partly because of the lack of battery; not only for having the extended battery, but to be able to do a battery pull. If I were changing, I'd get the Nexus Prime.

It's hard to make an objective opinion based on a phone people have vs one that isn't even out yet.

Last edited:

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Wow. the OP couldn't figure this out based on the other 1000 threads on this exact subject?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

M

MiDrOIdDOES

I'm stiill in the 14th day period to return my bionic to vrz.

My question is would you do it?

I have had the bionic for 1 week and has been working great, few minor issues. I don't like the mess with internal sd and external sd configuration and don't like the camera and I take plenty of pics.

Battery life should not be an issue 90% of the time I'm at my office or home conected to wifi and can charge the phone any time.
I had the droid x and charging it overnight was sufficient to get me through the day.

Please advice I have 6 more days to decide on returning the bionic and preorder the razr.

there's like likely to be the same camera issues with the motorola razor as there is with the motorola bionic, that is until the update to ice cream sandwich, which both will receive

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BeerManMike

Reaction score
If i was in my 14 day period i would send back my Bionic in a heartbeat, not because it sucks (i like it alot really) but you never know what the other phone is like and will do for you. I mean, you can return the Bionic, get the RAZR and if you don't like it go back and stick with the Bionic again, the only thing you lose out on is setting up a different phone a couple times with apps and settings, which is fun anyways.

OP
E

ebdvm

Reaction score
If i was in my 14 day period i would send back my Bionic in a heartbeat, not because it sucks (i like it alot really) but you never know what the other phone is like and will do for you. I mean, you can return the Bionic, get the RAZR and if you don't like it go back and stick with the Bionic again, the only thing you lose out on is setting up a different phone a couple times with apps and settings, which is fun anyways.

Thank you so much for your insight. I didn't think in doing that. I'm returning the bionic and will try the razr and if I don't like it exchange it back to the bionic or if the new Google Nexus is a beast will try that one.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your insight. I didn't think in doing that. I'm returning the bionic and will try the razr and if I don't like it exchange it back to the bionic or if the new Google Nexus is a beast will try that one.

No problem, but if you have a favorite Verizon store or employee than i would talk to him/her about what you want to do and see if there aren't any return limits or fees to this. There may be a $35 restocking free so if you return the Bionic, then return the RAZR for the Bionic again you are looking at $70. You can get your old phone back? or a loaner having return the Bionic then going to the store and looking at the RAZR for a while, it's less "hands on" but will give you more of a feel for the phone before commenting to it and possible paying another $35 restocking fee.

But yea, talk to your rep and see if it can be done, you should be able to as it's nothing illegal.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Why do you think that is a downgrade?

No removable battery.
Brand new device... will be 60 days of bugs until Moto/VZW release the first software patch to exterminate the pesky "features".
Power users will be REQUIRED to throttle back CPU, graphics and data connections since there is no possible way to swap out batteries and obviously no extended battery. So if you're away from power for more than 5 hours your phone will feel like an OG Droid, at best.

Plus I am not a fan of the Photon-esque styling.