How and where should I buy my Bionic?

OP
DoctorV

DoctorV

Reaction score
Do you have to be a Costco member to get one there?

Yes you do. The cheapest membership is $50 if I remember right. However it pays off if you buy some big ticket items that are discounted heavily.

PJ_ED

Reaction score
The $50 is worth it for sure if you shop there regularly. They have the best return policies on items. I bought my d1 there. They don't have many working phone models to play with though. They have price changes every Thursday, sometimes Wednesday, on phones. I will still probably end up buying from AAFES though. Sorry non-mil people. Saw the D3 for $69 @ AAFES.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The $50 is worth it for sure if you shop there regularly. They have the best return policies on items. I bought my d1 there. They don't have many working phone models to play with though. They have price changes every Thursday, sometimes Wednesday, on phones. I will still probably end up buying from AAFES though. Sorry non-mil people. Saw the D3 for $69 @ AAFES.

AAFES already has the D3? Looks like I might get the Bionic from them if they have it....

teg94

Reaction score

AAFES already has the D3? Looks like I might get the Bionic from them if they have it....

Are you talking about the Kiosk's inside AAFES PX/BX? Inside the store itself? or on their website?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You guys earned the discount, thank you for your service.

sent from droidforums app

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about the Kiosk's inside AAFES PX/BX? Inside the store itself? or on their website?

Either works for me.

PJ_ED

Reaction score

I saw it on the website. I am not sure about in the actual store at the kiosk. I am stationed nowhere near an actual PX/BX. Sorry. I think I also saw that shipping was free.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Do you have a link to that?
Also, would I be able to buy it there if a family member who shares my line is in the USAF?

PJ_ED

Reaction score

Also, would I be able to buy it there if a family member who shares my line is in the USAF?

The site is The Exchange

The person who is in the Air Force would have to buy it. If you are an immediate family member with a dependent ID you should also be able to shop there. I don't know how the family plan stuff works when buying through 3rd parties like AAFES. I know that I can buy a phone for my wife (who is not a Costco member) at Costco and add it to the family plan. I would imagine AAFES would be the same. Sorry can't answer that one definitively. It might depend on who the primary VZ account is under???? Good Luck!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

The site is The Exchange

The person who is in the Air Force would have to buy it. If you are an immediate family member with a dependent ID you should also be able to shop there. I don't know how the family plan stuff works when buying through 3rd parties like AAFES. I know that I can buy a phone for my wife (who is not a Costco member) at Costco and add it to the family plan. I would imagine AAFES would be the same. Sorry can't answer that one definitively. It might depend on who the primary VZ account is under???? Good Luck!

Can you buy off contract phones?
And I am having trouble finding the part of the site that has the phones.
A bit confusing for me... do you need to make the account first?

PJ_ED

Reaction score

The site is The Exchange

Can you buy off contract phones?
And I am having trouble finding the part of the site that has the phones.
A bit confusing for me... do you need to make the account first?

Yes, you have to create an account first. After that it is pretty straight forward finding the phones. Just click on the Mobile Phone tab. I can't find any information on buying off contract phones. The site just shows the phone for $569 with a $500 discount. Also for the D3 it looks like it is only available online right now. Oh, and it is also showing as "back ordered"!! with no estimated time on restock. Ha! That sucks.

Last edited:

lemodular

Reaction score
Regarding Costco membership; it is better to go with a executive membership for $100 if you are planning to shop there regularly. One of the perks is getting a % "reward" or "rebate" of your total purchase for the year. I usually get about $80 +/- at the end of my year...apply that to a renewal and I paid $20 for another year of executive membership.

I just checked their website and saw that the reward is 2% but I remember mine being more than that.

music life

Reaction score
For all the headache Moto has caused me over the past month or so I was planning just to rob a VZW truck and take a bionic. Then force the VZW rep to activate it and give me a year of service free. Then forget i was ever there :icon_evil:

I only joke ofc ;)

deBBlr

Reaction score
For all the headache Moto has caused me over the past month or so I was planning just to rob a VZW truck and take a bionic. Then force the VZW rep to activate it and give me a year of service free. Then forget i was ever there :icon_evil:

I only joke ofc ;)

but ur post at least made me grin l errr smirk

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using DroidForums