My Dilemma with the bionic i bought on oct 7th should i bring it back and wait

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I got my bionic for $199, 100 off at radio shack. I'm keeping the bionic, think the update will fix most problems.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is just not the case anymore, it has been verified that the SGSII GPS works very well. I agree that they've had many problems in the past, but give credit where credit is due. They saw a problem and made proper corrections.

Experience with past devices doesn't give you the ability to see the future.

It's going to be the only phone using ICS for at least a month or two, the probability of it receiving early updates is high.

Yea I don't want to judge the Samsung nexus before it comes out but I just have a hard time trusting Samsung. I know some people that have the charge which also has a buggy GPS. Someone stated over at Droid life that the radio in their sgs2 wasn't that great. I just think people should wait a while before purchasing the device to see what the bugs are because Samsung is an iffy company imo.

sent from my skyraider inc2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea I don't want to judge the Samsung nexus before it comes out but I just have a hard time trusting Samsung. I know some people that have the charge which also has a buggy GPS. Someone stated over at Droid life that the radio in their sgs2 wasn't that great. I just think people should wait a while before purchasing the device to see what the bugs are because Samsung is an iffy company imo.

sent from my skyraider inc2

Hey, don't tell people to wait to buy the phone, we need beta testers! :tongue:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll have some full reviews on the Nexus before the release date. Should see more about it on Tuesday after the announcement with ICS.

hydro556

Reaction score
Keep your Bionic. Its a great phone. Samsung phones are trash and cheap. By the tine the phones come out they will be announcing a new phone coming out also anyway. Then you will just want to return that phone also and wait. The Bionic is a great phone and will be for awhile it will not get out dated for awhile. Plus I can tell you now that phone will have bugs and take awhile to fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The guy is trying to get good advice, he doesnt need to hear someone irrationally defending the phone with which they are stuck for two years.

I have said before that if you have the option, definitely do not get stuck with the Bionic. If for some reason you have to get the Bionic, then go ahead. It is serviceable. Just dont expect to be blown away, and make sure you buy a decent little point and shoot camera if you ever need any quick, but quality photos.

You are correct that there are always newer phones coming. But in this instance, the difference between the Bionic and coming phones is going to be very large. Not only because of how good the Nexus and Razr/Vigor etc look, but because of of how mediocre the Bionic turned out.

Additionally, the amount of time before these new cutting edge devices get here is almost nothing, if they drop anywhere near on time.

The Bionics specs are good, relative to whats out now, but are about to seem very poor. Also, the specs dont reveal that you essentially dont have a camera on the Bionic. From my personal experience, which has been echoed by other users all over the internet, the camera simply delivers poor to mediocre pictures, and is incapable of quick shots. Low light exacerbates this even further.

The screen simply has zero wow factor. Not to single you out, but the guy wants good advice. Just because you are locked into the Bionic, doesnt mean you should try and convince the OP to do likewise. At a minimum, he should wait and see if the new phones live up to the hype and if he doesnt like them, then he can buy the Bionic, at a slashed price.

hydro556

Reaction score
I can just see the future...... We'll have a thread just like this one filled with new Prime owners asking the same question because a quad core phone with a 1080p screen and a 20MP camera is coming out.

I understand you are trying to be dramatic, but part of the reason I sent my Bionic back was because I know faster/better is coming, and I would rather be committed to the Prime (most likely) than the Bionic for the next couple years.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know that there will be better phones than the Nexus and/or Razr/Rezound within 2-3 months, but I truly feel we're at the tipping point for improvements.

With our current battery capabilities, things just can't get that much better. It's hard to convince a customer, " you should buy this Droid X5 because it's CPU die is 2x smaller and uses less power, it's performance is the same obviously, but it will be increasing your battery life by 10%!"

We haven't ever hit this problem before with phones, we've always seen decent improvements over time. So since the Bionic was lacking in a few areas, mainly screen and camera quality for myself, I wanted a device that's as close to perfect as possible because I feel like we're going to be stuck at these same specs for a while until battery life can be improved greatly.

Everyone that says the Bionic has similar or the same specs as the Nexus/Rezound/Razr are absolutely right. Performance wise, they should all be nearly identical, the difference is, the next few phones have been improved in areas that matter a great deal.

I see it like this, the Bionic blazed the path for 4G LTE, dual core devices, with quality battery life.

Everyone else has just caught up and slapped on better screens/cameras and a new OS.

Last edited:
OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Well OP, have you decided yet?!
i just got 3 new iPhone 4s's for wife and kids must say siri is nice. but coming from the iPhone 4 i was going to go back but i have decided to stay with the droid bionic and when the new phones come out i will sell the bionic and get one of the new ones if its that much of a difference. i have until 10/19 to return it.

Bionic

Reaction score
I love my Bionic, but if I were in your position, and had the option of getting the Nexus or possibly the RAZR/HD, I would return it. The restocking fee is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Fortunately, I have another upgrade available on my account, so I'm going to let the dust settle and decide when to pull the trigger on another device. The Sami will certainly have a better camera and screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sebastian

Reaction score
I really really have a love hate relationship with this phone. I take a ton of pics and the droid charge had an AMAZING camera.

Then again, the Charge was a piece of 5HIT

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one thing I wish Moto would improve... besides the data issues, the camera was my only real complaint about the phone.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I use to be a Moto hater because of the bootloader thing and blur, but I have gotten past that and realized they make some pretty good phones. Yes the cameras are one of their downfalls though.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Return it, that's a no brainer. If you like the phone you might as well just get the Droid Razr because it's basically the Bionic but thinner, faster, and with a better looking screen. If you want to try something else go for the Rezound or the Nexus.