My Dilemma with the bionic i bought on oct 7th should i bring it back and wait

indymale26

Reaction score
bionic

Today at greenwood indiana mall , compared my bionic to galaxy s 2 @ tmobile,& att , browsing speed slight edge to bionic, speed test went to bionic , and quardrant went to galaxy s2 by not much, it also has 1.2 ghz dual core vs, bionic 1 ghz dual core, both 1gb ram, both front facing camera, verizon lte way better and faster i hit 41mbps vs 25mbps vs att/tmobile, better display on galaxy s2, overall damn good battle of 2 phones, i compared bionic to every smart phone out @ moment and none out more powerful or faster , even though others might have 1.2 ghz dual core currently bionic is best smarphone hands down, im android user since day one , lot good phones out but untill zumocast is on next coming generation smartphones, bionic is best, if havent tried zumocast on 4g it kicks ass ,

yearn

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. I would recommend it to anyone. I had zero complaints with the stock ROM and im currently running Th3orys R3BLURR3D ROM. and its great. I feel like many other people do...if you keep waiting on the next newest best phone coming out you'll always be waiting without a new device to use.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dunc

Reaction score
Most issues with the bionic are "Id10t user errors". Doesn't matter what phone they use that error is gonna b present.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
That's what I feared too haha. I try to apply "grain of salt" to all the posts I see. I would love to pick up the Bionic I'm just apprehensive until the update comes out and I can see what sort of fixes start to get discussed by the everyday user. I figured waiting for another couple of weeks seemed like a reasonable idea so I could give the Bionic a chance. At the same time I'm not really sure if the Prime will be worth waiting for either. Only time will tell I guess once the update gets pushed in (hopefully) early November.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I also love my Bionic. But, if you have the patience to wait, the Prime/Bionic update will be released around the same time. So just hang out for a bit and then check the forums. With the Prime's release the Bionic MIGHT (probably not though) go down in price as well, which would be a big selling point. It is an awesome phone though, I use it constantly when I can, just can't wait for this update to make it THAT much better.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Doesn't VZW hit you with a $30-$35 restocking fee? I'm pretty sure they do. It seems like you should've given it a little more thought. Oh well, I'm sure that VZW appreciates your generous donation.

indymale26

Reaction score
i agree i wouldnt jump the ship to soon , plus only difference on new phones will be 1.2 ghz processor vs1ghz dual core which isnt much of jump , or i would of waited, zumo cast makes this phone my 1 choice plus hd dock with remote kicks ass, check specs out on new phones not much difference , respect everyones opinions though,

fobpartisan

Reaction score
If the screen doesnt bother you like it did me then keep the phone. My eyes would start hurting after about 20 minutes of browsing. The rep that sold the phone to me and my wife said he got used to the screen in 3 days. I dont see why you pay $299 for the phone that has a mediocre camera and a terrbile in my mind pentile screen. These two problems made me return the phone and wait for something that is worse $299 n not the next best thing.

nateohio

Reaction score
I'm a moto fanboy, no other company supports their devices like moto. From all if the cool docks/accessories they make, to reliable updating.

Locked bootloader or not, the bionic is the phone that is on the way to my house as we speak. Definitely couldn't pass up the penny deal on amazon wireless.

Droid Bionic for $0.01, didn't even have to think about it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's usually a reason a phone is dropped to 1 penny.

It's usually not a good reason.

The fact is, there is zero reason not to test out what Samsung and HTC have to offer before buying the Bionic.

The Bionic will still be there for less than $100 bucks once the next 2 phones are out, you can always buy it then at a discounted price.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Keep your Bionic. Its a great phone. Samsung phones are trash and cheap. By the tine the phones come out they will be announcing a new phone coming out also anyway. Then you will just want to return that phone also and wait. The Bionic is a great phone and will be for awhile it will not get out dated for awhile. Plus I can tell you now that phone will have bugs and take awhile to fix.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score

Why do you think that? Verizon makes almost no $ on selling phones. They make $ on getting new accounts. That is the only reason they have it at $0.01 right now. They just looking to increase new accounts. You can't get that phone for that price if you just want to upgrade.

Last edited:

FZDolfan

Reaction score
samsung makes horrible junk phones. I use to have one. get the prime if you don't want your gps to work.

sent from my skyraider inc2

As a former Captivate owner (plus my current and ex-girlfriends being Fascinate owners), I certainly concur with the GPS issue on Samsung phones.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

The fact is, there is zero reason not to test out what Samsung and HTC have to offer before buying the Bionic.

The Bionic will still be there for less than $100 bucks once the next 2 phones are out, you can always buy it then at a discounted price.

Why do you think that? Verizon makes almost no $ on selling phones. They make $ on getting new accounts. That is the only reason they have it at $0.01 right now. They just looking to increase new accounts. You can't get that phone for that price if you just want to upgrade.

Exactly. Its only for new accounts...Try to buy the Bionic for retail off contract from somewhere too and see if you can get it for a penny. Its called marketing... they just chose to use the newest phone for this marketing promotion, which to me is good marketing for getting new accounts.

If thats the case....Samsung offering the GS2 in Australia for $2 off contract to the first 10 customers must definitely mean somethings wrong...and has nothing to do with the iPhone 4S launching at the same time... Sometimes we tend to read more into things instead of taking a step back and looking at the overall picture.

Last edited:

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I got the Bionic 10/12/11 and I'm returning it, not because I'm waiting for the next best phone, but because I don't feel the phone is worth 300 with a two year contract. If it was 199 I would most likely keep it, but at 325 with tax it doesn't have enough of a wow factor over the Droid X for me to keep it.

It also will not remain in 4G LTE mode, and ICS isn't a guarantee. I called Motorola and asked if Bionic would get the ICS Android 4.0 update and was told they just don't know yet that if ISC was important to me I should wait until they release a phone with ICS on it at release. They said Bionic may or may not get it, I just don't want to chance it.

Only you can decide if you want the Bionic or not, but I decided I'm not paying 299 for a upgrade anymore. So if this prime or razor is what I want I'll be waiting 6 months until there both a 199 upgrade.