Are you returning the Bionic? I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyRussian

Reaction score
The wait fro Bionic was too long, but my original Droid is really giving me hard time so I went and got the Bionic on the day its released.
But:
1. WTF is with the screen? So pixalated!!!! In the era of "retnia" and HD they release this crap! One can clearly see pixels, especially on solid colors, especially on green. Just take a look at the battery icon - green with black pixels.

2. Mediocre camera. Ok shooting in the daylight but suks indoor.

3. Speaker for playing music suks. Night and day compared to iPhone.

4. Call quality not bad, but not perfect.

5. $300 for it!!!

6. No.

I expected a lot more from the "one that will rule them all" and it failed. Screen is the one component that gets the most use, we'll look at and poke it everyday and once I noticed pixalation, I cannot not notice it. Someone argued, "it's just a phone". NO, it's not JUST a phone, these devices evolved from "just phones" once they diched 12 dial bottons. This is a computer with CPU, GPU, RAM, Storage, network, camera and when I pay top dollars for it I expect it, well, to be the "top".

The Bionic is not. So, I will retun this wanabe-to-rule-them-all on my 12th or 13th day and will wait a couple of more weeks for SG II or Prime.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get an IPhone, we don't care. Then you won't rule the masses you will become one with them.

yearn

Reaction score
I don't agree with any of this except about the camera. It is pretty hard to take a good picture with it. But overall I love it. And as fas as the screen goes, I see a lot if people complaining but I really like it! Especially how well you can see it outside in the sunlight. I definitely don't regret buying it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

droidtom

Reaction score
heck no. this thing is fantastic

This phone is the bomb. Unlike the iPhone I can see the screen in bright full sun. I will take the slight pixelization for that trade off. And its super fast. I got 33mbps down this morning .

Reaction score
I don't agree with the Op regarding the screen. I thought it was good. I we happy with the look and feel of the Bionic but as you can see from my signature, I already returned my Bionic after one day. For me, it just wasn't worth the $300 to upgrade from the X. If it was $199 like others, I would still have it and be very happy.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droidrookie84

Reaction score
Im returning mines today. The screen and camera is a turn off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Have fun with the iPhone 4 and 3g network...
Just saying but I also have no use for 4g but it is great to have it lol
See...my iPhone 3 sucks...gonna sell it to my cousin because I dislike Apple and their stuff

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I honestly think some just got some bad screens, I saw a screen shot of one of these pixelated screens, and I can see the pixelation in it. Mine doesn't have that.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I was going to order one today from Costco... but their over-hyped accessory kit is 3rd party... bleh despite it being $20 cheaper. I keep hearing talk about poor screen res and that's rather disappointing... I wish Moto could have just made the Droid 3 4G :(

OP
C

CrazyRussian

Reaction score
Have fun with the iPhone 4 and 3g network...

Some peeps just cant read; if they can then they cant comprehend.

I'M RETURNING BIONIC TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT ANDROID DEVICE: PRIME OR SG II. HELLOOOO. ANYBODY HOME?

I guess not.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
And then you'll find problems with those and wait for the next.... The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence...

Reaction score
Some peeps just cant read; if they can then they cant comprehend.

I'M RETURNING BIONIC TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT ANDROID DEVICE: PRIME OR SG II. HELLOOOO. ANYBODY HOME?

I guess not.

I assume you are on Verizon since you have the Bionic, so the GSII won't be an option. Verizon has passed up on the GSII because it does not feel it will be competitive and instead will offer the Prime exclusively.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love how anytime someone has a single complaint (or multiple) the reaction is to attack and tell him "go get an iPhone". Not all phones are for all people, if the Bionic is your cup of tea, that's awesome but if it's not return and get what you think is. It doesn't mean he is bashing Android and wants to switch. Give up the age old jokes already.

Status
Not open for further replies.