Should I exchange my bionic for razr

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon has a limit of one phone return for a different phone policy called the "worry free guarantee". If you return the second phone, you must either get the same phone or get a refund. If you go the refund route, you can not get another phone at the upgrade rate but will be charged the retail rate... hope that makes sense.

Just went through this myself. Upgraded from the D1 to the D3 because I thought I needed the physical keyboard, returned it for the bionic but had major issues with data loss. This was my primary line so I couldn't afford interruption of svces so had to return it. Asked if i can go back to the D3 and they refused. Went to the director level with no luck. Ended up reactivating my D1 and lost my upgrade so beware... if I want to upgrade, it will be at retail rate...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

thanks for the facts... a lot of people think u can just keep trading in phones every two weeks... idk how they came up w that nonsense but we all know Verizon is smarter than that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No removable battery.
Brand new device... will be 60 days of bugs until Moto/VZW release the first software patch to exterminate the pesky "features".
Power users will be REQUIRED to throttle back CPU, graphics and data connections since there is no possible way to swap out batteries and obviously no extended battery. So if you're away from power for more than 5 hours your phone will feel like an OG Droid, at best.

Plus I am not a fan of the Photon-esque styling.

agreed.... unless a phone came w an extended battery as stock I'd never consider a non-removeable battery... I'm at peace not having to worry about constantly charging

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I wouldn't switch for the razr. People have already hit on the non removable battery issue, so I won't cover that. Instead, ask yourself if you'll be OK with the battery draining quicker than the bionic. The screen on the razr is bound to chew through battery at least a tad quicker. Also, I still wonder how it'll hold up in direct sunlight as opposed to the bionic's stellar view. If your concern leans more towards the processor... The razr's slight bump will be hardly noticeable, if at all. I'd also consider the fact that the bionic already has a great dev community backing it.

In reality though, if I were in the same boat as you and not quite happy with my bionic, I'd take it back and wait on the nexus. Simply for the fact that it's unlocked and verizon can't screw with it. We hope.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd trade my perfect working Bionic for a RAZR - I prefer thin and light and have charging available everywhere I am.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
To clarify on what someone else said, in my experience after I did the refund they told me I wasn't allowed to change back. This was from an Incredible 2 to an X2. At the time I didn't know the X2 sucked/would take so long to get partly fixed. Anyways this is what happened to me, I thought it was ridiculous but they insisted it was policy. Take the risk of exchanging it out and being forced to keep the new phone or getting the refund?

TatDroid

Reaction score
I prefer thin and light and have charging available everywhere I am.
To me, this would be the only real reason to choose a Razor over the Bionic. Thinness isn't high on my priority list, so I'm very happy with my Bionic.

As a matter of fact, from some of the reviews and comments I'm starting to read about the Galaxy Nexus, I'm not convinced that will be the be-all, end-all phone that everyone seems to think it's going to be either. A recent cNet review summed up their review: "Without Ice Cream Sandwich, the design and specs are all very good and nice, but do little to astound. After all, we've essentially seen this phone before in the guise of the Nexus S. Had they both the same operating system, the Razr's design, dramatic thinness, and 8-megapixel camera would doubtlessly edge the Galaxy Nexus, at least in terms of "wow factor" alone."

I predict that, within weeks the threads will be: Should I keep my Nexus, or trade it in for the (insert recently announced new phone here)?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon has a limit of one phone return for a different phone policy called the "worry free guarantee". If you return the second phone, you must either get the same phone or get a refund. If you go the refund route, you can not get another phone at the upgrade rate but will be charged the retail rate... hope that makes sense.

Just went through this myself. Upgraded from the D1 to the D3 because I thought I needed the physical keyboard, returned it for the bionic but had major issues with data loss. This was my primary line so I couldn't afford interruption of svces so had to return it. Asked if i can go back to the D3 and they refused. Went to the director level with no luck. Ended up reactivating my D1 and lost my upgrade so beware... if I want to upgrade, it will be at retail rate...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

It's really too bad that there's not a way to have a phone exchange under the same contract.

This is how it would work. You buy a phone and a 2-year contract. Then if a phone comes along that you would prefer you can "sell" your phone back to Verizon in order to get the other phone. This would equate to dollars off on the new phone and the amount would be pro-rated so an older phone wouldn't "sell" as high a new phone. If you liked the original phone fine and if you decide to get a new phone every 6 months you could (although you'd probably be spending a lot of money you'd have the latest). This does mean you'd never really own the phone, but you'd have the original phone (or the last one you'd pay for) at the end of the contract to begin again. Verizon would refurbish your old phone and use them for charity or sell them as "pre-owned" if you wanted an older phone on the cheap.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you link to that policy?

So under that are you saying I can return my Bionic under this and get a RAZR for no extra money? But it's a one time event?

Do you keep your grandfathered unlimited data?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you link to that policy?

So under that are you saying I can return my Bionic under this and get a RAZR for no extra money? But it's a one time event?

Do you keep your grandfathered unlimited data?

If you're talking about my comment, it isn't real. I said it was too bad Verizon doesn't have that. That way it would be easy to exchange phones during the contract. But yes, if it was real, you could sell your Bionic in exchange for a RAZR and go over to the Prime later on if it suits your fancy. And since your original contract had the grandfathered unlimited data you'd still have that.

Too bad it ain't a real plan though. ;)

Last edited:

jickracer007

Reaction score
They did offer that for the Bionic but you have to be on the mailing list

DROID BIONIC NOT ONLY DOES IT DOES

jickracer007

Reaction score
They had it. I had a HTC Dinc that tgey offered me 100 towrds the bionic. I am on a mailer. My brother had an og and it was worth 25.

DROID BIONIC NOT ONLY DOES IT DOES

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a standard Verizon policy. Anyone can do it.

The offers are not good you get more off ebay. I just got $92 for my og Droid.