Should I exchange my bionic for razr

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by ebdvm, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ebdvm

ebdvm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.... So I really have to decide if I really want the razr. I'm happy with the bionic it's just that the razr seems better other than the fixed battery.
    Thanks for the heads up...

2. jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could always sell your current device (whatever it is at the time) and put that towards the retail price of the phone. Not necessarily the ideal solution, but it's an option.

3. BeerManMike

BeerManMike Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You laid down the foundation with a blanket statement: "wouldnt downgrade my Bionic to a RAZR." without any fac... err opinions about another device that isn't even out yet.

4. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My big issue (and really the only one) is the lack of removing the battery. with all the ROM flashing i do ive been bootlooped before and have flashed on unstable ROMS onto my og droid..whats the easiest go to solution? battery pull!! not being able to do that turned me away from this phone in a heartbeat! sucks because this would be a beast of a phone if not for that single issue :/

5. tcayton49

tcayton49 Member

Ratings:
    +21
    OMG!! Another Bionic vs Razr thread?? Really?!?!? Tell me this ain't really happening!!

6. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +957
    wow your post is about as useful as a fart in a hurricane, way to go. I'm honestly thinking about this myself and am pretty sure I'm just going to hold onto the bionic... we'll see though

7. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    thanks for the facts... a lot of people think u can just keep trading in phones every two weeks... idk how they came up w that nonsense but we all know Verizon is smarter than that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

8. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    agreed.... unless a phone came w an extended battery as stock I'd never consider a non-removeable battery... I'm at peace not having to worry about constantly charging

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

9. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I wouldn't switch for the razr. People have already hit on the non removable battery issue, so I won't cover that. Instead, ask yourself if you'll be OK with the battery draining quicker than the bionic. The screen on the razr is bound to chew through battery at least a tad quicker. Also, I still wonder how it'll hold up in direct sunlight as opposed to the bionic's stellar view. If your concern leans more towards the processor... The razr's slight bump will be hardly noticeable, if at all. I'd also consider the fact that the bionic already has a great dev community backing it.

In reality though, if I were in the same boat as you and not quite happy with my bionic, I'd take it back and wait on the nexus. Simply for the fact that it's unlocked and verizon can't screw with it. We hope.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I'd trade my perfect working Bionic for a RAZR - I prefer thin and light and have charging available everywhere I am.

11. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    To clarify on what someone else said, in my experience after I did the refund they told me I wasn't allowed to change back. This was from an Incredible 2 to an X2. At the time I didn't know the X2 sucked/would take so long to get partly fixed. Anyways this is what happened to me, I thought it was ridiculous but they insisted it was policy. Take the risk of exchanging it out and being forced to keep the new phone or getting the refund?

12. cjsmoove

cjsmoove Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hell to the naw.....