1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My Dilemma with the bionic i bought on oct 7th should i bring it back and wait

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by fantom557, Oct 14, 2011.

1. fantom557

fantom557 New Member

i have the bionic now and i was thinking of retuning my bionic because i still have a few days to return the phone and then i can wait for the new Prime. or should i keep the bionic and wait for something else.

i don't know what to do.
  2. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

^You are about to get several responses both telling you to return the phone and to keep the phone. Good luck!
  3. fantom557

fantom557 New Member

So far no one gave me any direction I love the galaxy 2 nut not on vz so I thought the prime would be close

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Dunc

Dunc New Member

This won't help but I'm in the same boat, except that I haven't bought the Bionic yet. My upgrade is available in 2 days, but I'm thinking I'm going to just wait until early November to see what official release date information comes out about the Prime. After reading everything I can on this and other forums it just seems like there is a higher likelihood of having issues with the Bionic than not. So waiting another 15 days to see if it's worth waiting seems reasonable. Now if the Prime gets a release date of next year sometime than yeah I'll get the Bionic now and pray the OTA update comes out a few days later. But if the Prime comes out mid-November then I'm leaning toward that phone instead.
  5. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

keep on waiting for the next best thing and you'll never have the current best thing.
  6. coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth Member

I laugh at you people who returned your bionic before the firmware update to wait for the Vigor/rezbound or prime. Didn't even give it a chance. Geez

You don't think issues are going to plague those 1st gen phone as well?

Watch That new 720p display have mad refresh rate issues, not to mention that display in combination with LTE radio is gonna wipe out your battery life.

You will all be in the same return line you were in with your bionic. Lol!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I'd say to get the Prime as that's what you're leaning toward.

Me, I'm happy with the Bionic as I know that there will always be a better phone "coming out soon."
  8. coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth Member

Most issues with the bionic are "Id10t user errors". Doesn't matter what phone they use that error is gonna b present.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  9. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

I'd say if you're doubting your decision, you might as well bring it back. Whether or not the Bionic is a good phone isn't the debate. If you're unhappy with your purchase, return it. No sense in being stuck with a device for 2 years if you aren't satisfied with it.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums
  10. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

OP, only you can answer that question. How can someone else tell you what you should do with your phone? We don't even know how you use your phone, or what types of things are important to you in a device.

However, my question is this. If you were so interested in the next gen phones, why did you get a Bionic to begin with? If you'd have simply waited, you would have avoided a restocking fee.

Me, i'm happy with my Bionic. I'll be happily running my established OS on it (GB) while the Prime owners get to beta test ICS. Once the bugs are worked out, I can enjoy it on my phone since the Bionic is almost guaranteed to get an ICS upgrade. Heck, the stock filesystem is already set up for Honeycomb and ICS.
  11. Stelv

Stelv New Member

samsung makes horrible junk phones. I use to have one. get the prime if you don't want your gps to work.

sent from my skyraider inc2
  12. slipknot20085

slipknot20085 New Member

And not just a beta of ics but one that will never get a software update .... we are talking about Samsung afterall.

13. hydro556

hydro556 New Member

Lol, I returned my bionic and it had ZERO issues. I returned it because of things that aren't likely to be fixed. The screen was OK, but had no wow factor. And the camera was horrendous, nowhere near as good as my two year old incredible. The phone was decent, and performed without flaw. I just couldn't see wasting my upgrade on a mediocre phone with so many true cutting edge devices on the horizon.

I can't wait to see what is coming.
  14. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I think we are expecting a little too much out of the upcoming phones and may be a little disappointed. we were promised dual core and 4 g last spring. So far moto is the only to achieve and it took half a year to produce. I think the Samsung device is all hype and speculation.

sent from my skyraider inc2
  15. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

This "cutting edge" tech that is on the horizon consists of the same cpu's that are out now with a slight bump in clock speed. The new displays should be nice but that is uncharted water and who knows what performance and battery life will be like. I'm curious to see.. If its that great, I'll be on it!
  16. indymale26

indymale26 New Member

bionic

Today at greenwood indiana mall , compared my bionic to galaxy s 2 @ tmobile,& att , browsing speed slight edge to bionic, speed test went to bionic , and quardrant went to galaxy s2 by not much, it also has 1.2 ghz dual core vs, bionic 1 ghz dual core, both 1gb ram, both front facing camera, verizon lte way better and faster i hit 41mbps vs 25mbps vs att/tmobile, better display on galaxy s2, overall damn good battle of 2 phones, i compared bionic to every smart phone out @ moment and none out more powerful or faster , even though others might have 1.2 ghz dual core currently bionic is best smarphone hands down, im android user since day one , lot good phones out but untill zumocast is on next coming generation smartphones, bionic is best, if havent tried zumocast on 4g it kicks ass ,
  17. yearn

yearn New Member

I love my Bionic. I would recommend it to anyone. I had zero complaints with the stock ROM and im currently running Th3orys R3BLURR3D ROM. and its great. I feel like many other people do...if you keep waiting on the next newest best phone coming out you'll always be waiting without a new device to use.

18. Dunc

Dunc New Member

That's what I feared too haha. I try to apply "grain of salt" to all the posts I see. I would love to pick up the Bionic I'm just apprehensive until the update comes out and I can see what sort of fixes start to get discussed by the everyday user. I figured waiting for another couple of weeks seemed like a reasonable idea so I could give the Bionic a chance. At the same time I'm not really sure if the Prime will be worth waiting for either. Only time will tell I guess once the update gets pushed in (hopefully) early November.
  19. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

I also love my Bionic. But, if you have the patience to wait, the Prime/Bionic update will be released around the same time. So just hang out for a bit and then check the forums. With the Prime's release the Bionic MIGHT (probably not though) go down in price as well, which would be a big selling point. It is an awesome phone though, I use it constantly when I can, just can't wait for this update to make it THAT much better.
  20. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman New Member

Doesn't VZW hit you with a $30-$35 restocking fee? I'm pretty sure they do. It seems like you should've given it a little more thought. Oh well, I'm sure that VZW appreciates your generous donation.