Are you returning the Bionic? I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdown

Reaction score
for those who don't see the pentile issue. really? it's been bothering me from day one. but to be honest, everything else is so good with this phone, that I think I'm going to keep it. Maybe i'll get use to it. But i do agree, I think screen wise, moto went backwards. I really hope they don't start doing this for all the phones. I've been comparing it side by side with my wife's Dx. Bionic is definitely better overall in web browsing (higher resolution). But I agree with OP, as soon as you start seeing blocks of solid colors (even in pix, I see people's faces that looks like they have skin problems). If the vigor has good battery (i doubt it as that's htc's main problems on all their phones), hd screen and just as thin/light as the bionic, I might return it (within my 30 day window at costco). Don't get me wrong, I do love this phone (except the screen). I guess if it's for the sake of battery, I'm kind'a ok with it.

Really. I mean, it's discernable for me, but I have to look for it. But that's my eyes for ya - I'm wearing progressive lenses, and they have some distorting effects all by themselves. I have to get the phone closer than is comfortable for PenTile to bother me.

And I agree with you, while the display isn't the best (it's not really that vivid), there are other positives about the phone that make me happy...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
for those who don't see the pentile issue. really? it's been bothering me from day one. but to be honest, everything else is so good with this phone, that I think I'm going to keep it. Maybe i'll get use to it. But i do agree, I think screen wise, moto went backwards. I really hope they don't start doing this for all the phones. I've been comparing it side by side with my wife's Dx. Bionic is definitely better overall in web browsing (higher resolution). But I agree with OP, as soon as you start seeing blocks of solid colors (even in pix, I see people's faces that looks like they have skin problems). If the vigor has good battery (i doubt it as that's htc's main problems on all their phones), hd screen and just as thin/light as the bionic, I might return it (within my 30 day window at costco). Don't get me wrong, I do love this phone (except the screen). I guess if it's for the sake of battery, I'm kind'a ok with it.

Pentile looks great on my D3.
Maybe it just due to the Bionic having a larger screen, that makes it look worse.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Oxymoron

Reaction score
The one thing I would say is yes patches do come to fix certain issues but with only 14 days to decide if you want the phone, most of the time the issues aren't addressed by then. But to be fair there has never been a phone released that has truly been bug free, probably never will...
^this
I would like to think that an update would be pushed out in the next week to fix the screen, and high frequency noise from the 3.5mm jack, but those issues are almost surely hardware. And it's very unlikely the update would be out before the 14 days are up. It feels like a gamble. I may regret sending it back when ROMs are available, but I think I'd regret keeping it more... of the screen and noise were hardware related.

The Bionic is very nice. It's very fast, very stylish, and does mostly what I want ... but I think it's going back. I will miss all of the great accessories for it. The HD dock with the remote is pretty sweet.

Don't flame me, just my opinion. I wouldn't knock anyone keeping it (heck, I still might)... but I'm not sure it's for me. For 2 years anyway. I would really love the Nexus on Verizon, if that comes to fruition. Who knows!? I think I should stop following all of this stuff, ignorance is bliss!! :-D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I have absolutely no issues with the screen, to me, it looks great..

I think people are just really picky. Unless you hold your phone 1inch from your face, it looks great.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Shadez may be on to something. I went and checked out the bionic at the store over the weekend and thought the screen was on par with today's phones (and I consider myself to have descent vision). With the night and day comparisons between "great screen/no problems" and "horrible pixelation" I find it hard to believe that peoples eyes and/or opinions can very that much and to such a polarizing extent.

EFGantry

Reaction score
What else do you want us to tell him? What's the point of his post then? Sounds like he's not happy with the Bionic and wants an iPhone so we're just confirming what he wants.

It's like someone going on to a Ferrari forum and complaining that there new Ferrari doesn't have a cup holder that fits their mug like their old corvette does so they're returning it. It may be a legitimate complaint if that's what's really important to you but to the rest of the forum it sounds like a silly priority based on other the other benefits.

don't deign to speak for the "rest of the forum." especially when you don't take the time to read his post. he has legitimate issues with the Bionic, issues which many people have. for you, those issues aren't enough to prevent you from getting the device - great, congrats. for him, as well as others, the issues are significant enough.

but what he said was that he was thinking of waiting on the GS2 or the Prime. and, i can't blame him - i'm waiting to see the Prime and Droid HD before i make a purchase. and i don't think either one of us wants an iP. if you're happy with your purchase, then great - the Bionic will be a nice device. but, for some of us it's not the right device, and there's no need for you to get so defensive about "your" device...

das2042

Reaction score
Is the screen very pixelated when you hold it up to your face? Yes. I hold mine about two feet away so I really don't notice it. I also don't notice it when I can see my phone clear as day outside and to me that's more important. I love this phone. Its a definite beast!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Interpol

Reaction score
So we should return our Bionics because you don't like yours?

I don't think anyone cares that you're returning yours. I know I don't.

scdown

Reaction score
And then they won't let us use their superior 78G technology and mock us puny humans with our 8G technology over their "FTRTCI" (Faster than Real Time Communication Interface) where the message is received before it is actually sent.

I think this whole "wireless" thing is overhyped - I mean, couldn't your phone run away if not tethered to something (like a wall)?

On the other hand, you have five fingers...

celtic11

Reaction score
So we should return our Bionics because you don't like yours?

I don't think anyone cares that you're returning yours. I know I don't.

I don't think I saw him suggest anyone else return their phone, and based on 4 pages of people bashing him.. I'd say quite a few people care.

Why are some people such dicks when they can hide behind the internet?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is this thread still alive? The OP doesn't like the Bionic, plan and simple. Everyone needs to get over it. Personally, I would say he should go complain over at the Moto forums so they can actually fix some of the things he's talking about, but you can't heckle a guy for not liking the same stuff you do, even if you don't agree.

To the OP: Power to you, I hope you find a phone you like.

To everyone heckling the OP: It's okay, just enjoy your phone. You like it so that should be good enough.

/thread:icon_ nono2:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I saw him suggest anyone else return their phone, and based on 4 pages of people bashing him.. I'd say quite a few people care.

Why are some people such dicks when they can hide behind the internet?

I know it's a rhetorical question... but honestly, the answer to that question is rather depressing.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I honestly think some just got some bad screens, I saw a screen shot of one of these pixelated screens, and I can see the pixelation in it. Mine doesn't have that.

I agree. Some must have bad units, mine looks great and no pixelation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.