Shopping Online with the Droid?

daddymacdroid

Reaction score
I know we are allowed to surf the net but are we allowed to shop online using the Droid? Can I go to a website and buy products?pu

fredm74

Reaction score
Yes, I've purchased some items for the holidays just a couple of weeks ago on my Droid. :)

backlash

Reaction score
I don't see why not, that's why stores like Overstock.com, Amazon.com, Ebay.com make apps.

I still have not bought anything online with my Droid yet though, I almost bought something using the Amazon app.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not, that's why stores like Overstock.com, Amazon.com, Ebay.com make apps.

I still have not bought anything online with my Droid yet though, I almost bought something using the Amazon app.

I did use the Amazon app for the holidays! It worked great

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yup, I've spent more shopping on the Droid than I paid for it.....lol

Guchi

Reaction score
you can use any shopping site(that i've come across)... its the internet.

stanrc

Reaction score
Its the internet, you can do whatever you want. I did almost all my holiday shopping from the amazon app.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I bought a dvd on Amazon from inside of WalMart before Christmas because wally world had all their dvds loose in a huge bin like they were apples. Much easier and a certain amount of satisfaction.

ValkF6

Reaction score
Buying things on the internet is the main reason Google got in the telephone operating system business. Enjoy.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I tried to buy some movie tickets today (on Flickster, app from the market) and it declined my card. I went to my pc at work and was able to buy them using the same card with no issues.

Other than that, I've had no issues shopping on the droid.

NessaAlexis

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I'm considering doing my holiday shopping online, and had heard that it's tax-free, but most sites seem to be charging taxes, so I was wondering how much the cost difference would be compared to going to the store.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Is there a difference between using a stores app (if they have one) and going directly to the site???

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
hehehe.... To be just a bit more specific to your question, yes, you can shop online. Why?

Because you can open the HTTPS sites used in checking out.

It's the same as using your desk/lap-top.

Have fun!

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
I've heard that some pretty evil things happen if you buy anything iphone. Personally I wouldn't chance it.