Looking for a good shopping list app

apastuszak

Reaction score
I was trying to find a good shopping list app for the Droid and thought I would pick the hive mind's brain.

I downloaded a few over the weekend to try out, and didn't find one that fit my needs. I really want something that lets me enter aisle information into an item and sort by aisle.

The apps I tried over the weekend were:

My Shopping Lists
OI Shopping List
OurGroceries

They were OK, but none of them really fit my need.

Andy

jtaliani

Reaction score
I've been using List Master with good results, but it doesn't sound like it will meet your needs.

butch350

Reaction score
I was trying to find a good shopping list app for the Droid and thought I would pick the hive mind's brain.

I downloaded a few over the weekend to try out, and didn't find one that fit my needs. I really want something that lets me enter aisle information into an item and sort by aisle.

The apps I tried over the weekend were:

My Shopping Lists
OI Shopping List
OurGroceries

They were OK, but none of them really fit my need.

Andy

"Note Everything" ? In the markerplace.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like GDocs Notepad - only because its a simple document pad, but you can easily sync it to your an online google docs folder (I just called mine DROID DOCS) and then you can sync and edit notes, lists, ideas and whatever else...

If someone knows of a better google docs notepad app let me know...

ktranger

Reaction score
I use "OurGroceries" with a seperate "list" for each department in the store. By example I have a "list" called Meat Dept., and another called "Frozen Foods"

Ralph

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use "OurGroceries" with a seperate "list" for each department in the store. By example I have a "list" called Meat Dept., and another called "Frozen Foods"

Ralph

NoteEverything(Pro) can be used in the same fashion with its "durable checklists."

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I tried several different apps and the best thing I came up with was not an app. Try "Cozi." It's a website that has a great mobile version.

Cozi
Cozi mobile

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ralph

NoteEverything(Pro) can be used in the same fashion with its "durable checklists."

At Last! Eyes opened!

I'm a big fan of NoteEverything. Not sure what features are reserved for the Pro (paid) version since that's what I've been using for a couple of months, but it has a wealth of uses. Supports "paint notes" for jotting down a number or name without opening the keyboard. Allows attachment of notes to pictures in the gallery. Supports photos as notes. Also allows encryption of notes so you can keep sensitive information like credit card numbers in a safe spot easy to access. Integrates with Gdocs for saving notes to Google. Supports emailing and can be used to send tasks to RememberTheMilk (among other apps.)

"Durable checklists" are a great tool for keeping shopping lists of all kinds by stores, within stores, categories, etc. Make the list once and add to it as necessary. Check the items you want and they move to a "needed" tab. Then check them off at the store and they move to "Done." Reset and you can start again next time. Very convenient.

mjs31

Reaction score

Ralph

NoteEverything pro is one of my top 5 apps. Not just for lists, but everything else it can do.

Zargon

Reaction score
Upvise is my current shopping list app. I'm happy with it, but willing to try out new ones to find something better.