"Memo Pad" Application??

sendsam1

Reaction score
Sorry for this silly question, I'm just getting acquainted with my new Droid. I had a Treo for years and it had a simple little memo pad to keep grocery lists, shopping lists, to-do lists and stuff on....is there an application that I can get that will allow me to do the same?

Thanks.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Tap Market, Tap Magnifying Glass and then type in 'Note Pad' or 'Memo' tap Magnifying Glass again. You will have more options to download than you can shake a stick at

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are several. I downloaded the basic "Notepad" one. There is also Astrid which is a really good To-Do app that lets you put in information for each item on your To Do list and then you can check them off as you complete them.

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I have AK Notepad for general "info", Astrid for tasks and OI Shopping List for more listy type stuff (including shopping lol!) I also have dgmoney-it is an account program (ie keep track of your credit card or checking balances). They are all free.

OP
S

sendsam1

Reaction score
How do I download an attachment from an email?

How do i download an attachment from an email? I see the attachment and it's size, but all i am offered is a "preview" option. I tried to "hold" on the actual attachment on the left, but nothing happens.

Any advise?

Thank you to all who have answered my novice questions......

Sam

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the wrong thread to post that in but I'll tell you. As far as I know, you can't download via the Email/Gmail apps. You need to visit your email through the browser to download.

dremelts

Reaction score
Sorry for this silly question, I'm just getting acquainted with my new Droid. I had a Treo for years and it had a simple little memo pad to keep grocery lists, shopping lists, to-do lists and stuff on....is there an application that I can get that will allow me to do the same?

Thanks.
I'm new to this too and I am finding that sometimes I need to change the way I do things. Instead of an app on your Droid have you thought about an app in the "cloud"? Google has Gqueues that would probably do what you want and since it's in the cloud you can access it from anywhere and even share it if you want.

Just a thought...

LordKastle

Reaction score
If you want a basic notepad program that simply allows you to write and save notes like something that would be on a notepad in Windows or Textedit on a Mac then get "Note Everything".

Some notepad apps allow you to see like one or two lines per note. This program allows for a notepad and you can fit numerous and numerous lines in to the one note.

Steeeler

Reaction score
I have tried a few notepads but have finally settled on Mobisle notes. Its a great note program!

You can add a note then divide that note up into another page with subnotes (like grocery list, then another page under that with all you items). The sub-page has check off boxes that will dim the entry once you check it off.

It says soon there will be syncing ability but for now it has the option of emailing a note.

endurance

Reaction score
I have AK Notepad for general "info", Astrid for tasks and OI Shopping List for more listy type stuff (including shopping lol!) I also have dgmoney-it is an account program (ie keep track of your credit card or checking balances). They are all free.
i got this too, havent been able to use it yet, but it looks pretty solid.

atm

Reaction score
What I need is a memo app with security that will hold private info. Anyone hear of an app that fits this description??

srothkin

Reaction score
What I need is a memo app with security that will hold private info. Anyone hear of an app that fits this description??

For private/encrypted info I just started using SplashID. It sync's over Wifi with a companion app on my PC.

atm

Reaction score
Thanks, but anything that might be less expensive??

oldshore

Reaction score
Notes by Yuli
Search for notes in Market. It is the first one that comes up. I use it. Has a password protected area