"Memo Pad" Application??

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by sendsam1, Nov 12, 2009.

1. sendsam1

sendsam1 New Member

Sorry for this silly question, I'm just getting acquainted with my new Droid. I had a Treo for years and it had a simple little memo pad to keep grocery lists, shopping lists, to-do lists and stuff on....is there an application that I can get that will allow me to do the same?

Thanks.
  2. unknowndroid

unknowndroid New Member

Tap Market, Tap Magnifying Glass and then type in 'Note Pad' or 'Memo' tap Magnifying Glass again. You will have more options to download than you can shake a stick at
  3. gardobus

gardobus New Member

Yeah there are several. I downloaded the basic "Notepad" one. There is also Astrid which is a really good To-Do app that lets you put in information for each item on your To Do list and then you can check them off as you complete them.
  4. phoenixdroid

phoenixdroid New Member

I have AK Notepad for general "info", Astrid for tasks and OI Shopping List for more listy type stuff (including shopping lol!) I also have dgmoney-it is an account program (ie keep track of your credit card or checking balances). They are all free.
  5. sendsam1

sendsam1 New Member

How do I download an attachment from an email?

How do i download an attachment from an email? I see the attachment and it's size, but all i am offered is a "preview" option. I tried to "hold" on the actual attachment on the left, but nothing happens.

Any advise?

Thank you to all who have answered my novice questions......

Sam
  6. gardobus

gardobus New Member

This is the wrong thread to post that in but I'll tell you. As far as I know, you can't download via the Email/Gmail apps. You need to visit your email through the browser to download.
  7. dremelts

dremelts New Member

I'm new to this too and I am finding that sometimes I need to change the way I do things. Instead of an app on your Droid have you thought about an app in the "cloud"? Google has Gqueues that would probably do what you want and since it's in the cloud you can access it from anywhere and even share it if you want.

Just a thought...
  8. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

If you want a basic notepad program that simply allows you to write and save notes like something that would be on a notepad in Windows or Textedit on a Mac then get "Note Everything".

Some notepad apps allow you to see like one or two lines per note. This program allows for a notepad and you can fit numerous and numerous lines in to the one note.
  9. Steeeler

Steeeler New Member

I have tried a few notepads but have finally settled on Mobisle notes. Its a great note program!

You can add a note then divide that note up into another page with subnotes (like grocery list, then another page under that with all you items). The sub-page has check off boxes that will dim the entry once you check it off.

It says soon there will be syncing ability but for now it has the option of emailing a note.
  10. omnibus

omnibus New Member

Are there any that let you scribble notes with your fingernail?
  11. endurance

endurance New Member

i got this too, havent been able to use it yet, but it looks pretty solid.
  12. atm

atm New Member

What I need is a memo app with security that will hold private info. Anyone hear of an app that fits this description??
  13. srothkin

srothkin New Member

For private/encrypted info I just started using SplashID. It sync's over Wifi with a companion app on my PC.
  14. atm

atm New Member

Thanks, but anything that might be less expensive??
  15. oldshore

oldshore New Member

Notes by Yuli
    Search for notes in Market. It is the first one that comes up. I use it. Has a password protected area
  16. stdesign

stdesign New Member

That's a good idea, but it does make one question the "security" of the cloud if the list data you're entering gets a bit vulnerable (a list of user names, and passwords, for instance). For me anyway, it makes me question how secure my list data would be, even though it's available to me 'anywhere' from the cloud (my Droid, laptop, work, what have you... ). I guess you just have to trust Google? I'd really hate it if NBC's Brian Williams announced one night that Google's servers got hacked and all of their user's information was compromised :icon_ devil: .
  17. Shel

Shel New Member

Evernote has released their app in beta at the moment.

You can download an add-on for your browser, then, if there's any info you find while browsing the Internet on your PC/Mac, simply highlight it, tap the small Evernote icon on your browser and it's instantly added to your Evernote account, available from your Android phone! Hightlight info from your e-mail, via your PC, click on the Evernote icon, and it's pasted into your Evernote notebook!

Also allows voice memos, photo memos and simply memos you can type in yourself.

And, obviously, whatever you enter in your Evernote app from your phone is easily available via your PC.

Very handy!
  18. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Anyone who uses Note Everything this is for you...

I have supported this app from day one (and have advocated for it in multiple threads) but I am beginning more and more to frown upon how it actually starts up on load and mingles in the background. Not that it does anything to lessen the performance but I'd rather make a decision myself about what apps start and don't rather than being told and dictated to by a developer.

There is absolutely no reason for this program to run in the background as I use it rarely to begin with. I remember a couple days ago someone said they talked to the developer and he gave some excuse.

There really is none though. There definitely should be a way to disable this. I am now considering uninstalling it for the reasons I just said.
Search tags for this page

droid memo app

how to make memo in a small pad application
how to write memo at droid phone

memo app for droid

memo notepad for android
memo on droid
memo pad app for android
memo pad app for droid

memo pad for android

memo pad on droid
motorola droid memos notes