Memo Pad

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I'm a new Droid X user having been a Blackberry user for years. One question I have...I depended greatly on the "memo pad" feature on the Blackberry for quick notes, lists, etc. Does the Droid have this application or do I need a third party app?

Thanks...

georgepink

Reaction score
There are multiple notepad apps, but if your notes are in outlook, like mine are, you can use OI notepad to get them moved over.

lterry913

Reaction score
notes

just sticky notes widget on phone ,i think. long press on screen chose widgets and sticky note...note can be resized after on home screen. I like mobisle notes from the market for checklist type notes, its free.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I have a lot of Outlook memos also, and most are still on my pc since there is no way to migrate this data to gmail. You can use apps like OI notes or others, but many of these including OI Notes store your notes on the SD card which is not secure at all. There are some security apps like OI safe which I havent tried, but I believe that they require you to enter a password every time you access your notes which would be a hassle.

Another problem that I have, is that even if I find a notes app that I like on the DX, I still havent found a good method to sync with Outlook notes which is what I really need.

Let us know if you find a good solution.

Thanks.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Memos

Im in the same boat and have been using an app called 3Banana. Works pretty good. You can sync it with their server if you want. The only complaint is it is not alphabetized. Get it at the Android Market

thecommish3

Reaction score
Hey Bruce -

I was a heavy "Memo Pad" user on the BB as well. My solution on Android was an app called "AK Notepad". The functionality is pretty similar, and it will alphabetize your notes the way Memo Pad did.

As others have stated, the biggest problem is syncing your old notes over. I couldn't find an easy way around this. I basically opened a new Word document in Google Documents, cut and pasted all of my old Memos from Outlook Notes (where they synced before I stopped using my BB), then opened GDocs on my Android, opened the same Word document, and had to cut and paste the data into new notes on AK Notepad.

Took me longer than it probably should have, but I got it all transferred, and now I use AK the same way I used Notepad.

As far as security, there is an online sync with a service called Snaptic if you don't want to house your notes on your SD card. Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably could have pasted my notes from Outlook into Snaptic, and then synced... ugh! Oh, well, all done now!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
NoteEverything Pro is a good option to with the gDocs add-on...

srnewby

Reaction score
I have the AK Notepad app as well and really like it.