[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Awesome, Hash!

Thanks for the clarification. Can't wait to see what you're cooking up.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

a few things:
my data connection goes away pretty often. i do the whole changing it to GSM-only thing and it works, but only for a few hours, and then i have to do it again.
camera works. can't say the same about the video camera.
i'm thinking about getting rid of this, but i want to see if it gets fixed. :blink:

First install

Trying to install CM9 for the first time on my D4.

I get to the CM9 load screen and it just stays there.

I went back in and installed from zip again and it says it clears data and davlik and successful install. Then I installed gapps. Then rebooted and the same thing.

BTW, I have 6.13.215 and cannot install the latest update to 6.13.219.

How can I get CM9 to get through the boot screen? I mean it is really cool to look at the flowy blue wavy things, but I want to get going eventually.

Thanks.

Melatonin said:
Trying to install CM9 for the first time on my D4.

I get to the CM9 load screen and it just stays there.

I went back in and installed from zip again and it says it clears data and davlik and successful install. Then I installed gapps. Then rebooted and the same thing.

BTW, I have 6.13.215 and cannot install the latest update to 6.13.219.

How can I get CM9 to get through the boot screen? I mean it is really cool to look at the flowy blue wavy things, but I want to get going eventually.

Thanks.

The first time you use safestrap, after you install the ROM, you have to do a factory reset of your safe system. That should fix your issue.

so install from zip, install gapps, then factory reset, then reboot? all on the safe side?

Melatonin said:
so install from zip, install gapps, then factory reset, then reboot? all on the safe side?

Correct. I actually did the same thing a while back. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't booting. After a factory reset I always go in and clear cache and dalvik as well but I don't really think it's necessary as I believe those get cleared when doing a factory reset anyways.

Will this work if I already am on ICS 4.0.4? I tried to install Safestrap (1.09). It "succeeded" and I rebooted. The screen asking me to push "menu" pops up but the menu button doesn't work. I used to have Safestrap on 2.3.6 and it worked just fine in the GB world.

Ideas?

Will this work if I already am on ICS 4.0.4? I tried to install Safestrap (1.09). It "succeeded" and I rebooted. The screen asking me to push "menu" pops up but the menu button doesn't work. I used to have Safestrap on 2.3.6 and it worked just fine in the GB world.

Ideas?

No it will not work on the leak ICS 4.0.4, this is designed for the stock phone (Gingerbread) running Safestrap. You will have to wait until Hashcode releases a ICS safestrap for the Droid 4, then wait until he releases and CM9 based on the Droid 4 ICS leak.

Correct. I actually did the same thing a while back. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't booting. After a factory reset I always go in and clear cache and dalvik as well but I don't really think it's necessary as I believe those get cleared when doing a factory reset anyways.

Thanks so much. Everything seems to work smooth except when I make or receive calls, there is no audio from the other person and they get nothing from me. But I can see the call time and it works fine through the car's bluetooth connection. Ha ha so every time I need to make a call, I have to go jump in car.

Melatonin said:
Thanks so much. Everything seems to work smooth except when I make or receive calls, there is no audio from the other person and they get nothing from me. But I can see the call time and it works fine through the car's bluetooth connection. Ha ha so every time I need to make a call, I have to go jump in car.

Try turning off bluetooth before you make a call.

Try turning off bluetooth before you make a call.

Well, I re-installed CM9 and phone calls work fine now. But I dont have a data connection anymore. It turns on for about a minute after a reboot and then it stays off. I switch to GSM and wait a min then back to CDMA and still no data connection. I wiped dalvik and reboot, and still the same. Anything else I can try?

Idk. Data now actually works and stays for me. Maybe a clean flash is in order?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Melatonin said:
Well, I re-installed CM9 and phone calls work fine now. But I dont have a data connection anymore. It turns on for about a minute after a reboot and then it stays off. I switch to GSM and wait a min then back to CDMA and still no data connection. I wiped dalvik and reboot, and still the same. Anything else I can try?

Not sure if I can help you there. That's the very problem that's kept me from sticking with cm9.

While the data issues, I would say, are far from ironed out, but it is much better than it used to be and almost perfect in other places. I have found it really depends on where you are. In Chicago where I am most of the time I have a perfect 4g signal all day and never have data issues. (If it drops data once I take that as a sign that it is time to install the newest nightly) However, recently I flew to New Hampshire and while I can get data at boot after wiping the caches it will drop soon there after. I can always restore data by wiping the caches but for some reason here it always drops.

TL;DR If you live in a big city (besides Vegas I hear) or a place where Verizon has very strong signal through out the area then the data probably wont be to big an issue for you at this point.

Not sure if I can help you there. That's the very problem that's kept me from sticking with cm9.

Same here. I tried everything and no data connection with CM9 on my D4. Oh well, back to stock. Maybe when it reaches Beta it will be useable. I will wait anxiously.

Edit... So i tried to use the speak to search and it keeps saying Audio Problem. And i get no audio through calls.

Last edited:
Back