[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Garlick

Reaction score
That's a beta for you.

Although you're doing better than me, my phone the volume down button stopped working because I was using it so much in Safestrap. I'm probably going to have to go get a new one this weekend....

Pain in the butt, as I have to flash back to stock, and delete all the root stuff.

Ttdag

Reaction score
Hi, I have flashed this rom and i have a problem. I made a backup before i installed it but im trying to get back to stock using safestrap. Everything seems to restore but after i get past the safestrap screen by pressing the search button, i just stay at a black screen. Idk if this has anything to do with it but i had the backup on my external sd card and moved it to my internal.

Edit: Also, I have the AOKP version and sometimes i dont get my text messages.

Last edited:

Fletch71011

Reaction score
Flashed the 4/5 build yesterday. Everything is working great besides the data. Took it out for a while today and couldn't get my 4g working despite anything I tried (worked for about 30 seconds at most before crapping out). My settings would randomly flip to GSM on its own if that helps; other than that, I have no idea what is causing the issue. Not sure what other feedback I can provide to help, and just wanted to say great work on the ROM thus far.

EDIT: I am in Chicago if that matters for the data part.

Last edited:

Garlick

Reaction score
Hi, I have flashed this rom and i have a problem. I made a backup before i installed it but im trying to get back to stock using safestrap. Everything seems to restore but after i get past the safestrap screen by pressing the search button, i just stay at a black screen. Idk if this has anything to do with it but i had the backup on my external sd card and moved it to my internal.

That probably did it....you're not supposed to move the back up, and if you moved it to your internal drive then it was wiped when you un did safe strap.

When you safestrap, and move back and forth, it wipes all data to install the files you're interested in installing, and then keeps those files that have been backed up, on the drive that won't experience a data wipe.

So you'll have to start from scratch. You'll need to get the stock rom flashable in safe strap that is posted on the site, and do an install from zip like you would this ROM, and then just go through and re-install everything.

I don't believe this will work, but you could try plugging it into your computer, and see if you get the drives to show up, and explore to see if you can access the back up, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's gone.

Ttdag

Reaction score
Thanks. I found the backup, so if i move it back to my external sd card, you think i wouldn't get the black screen/ brick anymore?

Garlick

Reaction score
Thanks. I found the backup, so if i move it back to my external sd card, you think i wouldn't get the black screen/ brick anymore?

No, you'll also need to do a restore from the backup.

Since you now know where it's located, in the safestrap menu, go through the standard process of restoring from back up, and then rebooting. it should be that simple, and should get you out of the loop.

Put the file back on your external SD card though, just to be safe.

Ttdag

Reaction score
Thank you, I will try this. Also do i need to have webtop? Because i didnt include that in my backup and I'm running the AOKP so do you know why I'm not getting text messages from people?

Garlick

Reaction score
Thank you, I will try this. Also do i need to have webtop? Because i didnt include that in my backup and I'm running the AOKP so do you know why I'm not getting text messages from people?

No idea on not getting text messages, but it shouldn't have anything to do with Webtop.

AOKP doesn't have webtop, as that's a motorola application that only has to do with docking stations.

If you didn't back up your webtop, it's not an issue, and shouldn't affect texting.

Ganawyr

Reaction score
Hey guys! Also brand new to the droid market, but glad I finally got a smartphone!
I installed safestrap and flashed the current ICS ROM no problem! Most things work like a charm, and I have to say I really like the ICS muuch more than the stock ROM my phone came with.
I'm much more computer tech savvy than phone tech savvy, but it translates across easily enough.
I'm about to go back to safestrap and flash the google apps (I just didn't know it wasn't included).
My only problem so far is that I appear to have no WiFi connection? Anyone have any pointers? It could be anything in the process, I may easily have missed something, so I don't really know where to start...
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks so much!

Garlick

Reaction score
Hey guys! Also brand new to the droid market, but glad I finally got a smartphone!
I installed safestrap and flashed the current ICS ROM no problem! Most things work like a charm, and I have to say I really like the ICS muuch more than the stock ROM my phone came with.
I'm much more computer tech savvy than phone tech savvy, but it translates across easily enough.
I'm about to go back to safestrap and flash the google apps (I just didn't know it wasn't included).
My only problem so far is that I appear to have no WiFi connection? Anyone have any pointers? It could be anything in the process, I may easily have missed something, so I don't really know where to start...
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks so much!

Are you able to see your router or is it that it won't connect??

cron666

Reaction score
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks so much!

go to your App Drawer > Settings app > Wifi > tick the switch (in the top right of the screen) over to "ON" and the list should say "Turning WiFi On..."

then you should see your wireless networks as a list.

let us know how it goes.

vmu

Reaction score
Does the GSM radio work with this Rom? Or is it CDMA/LTE only?

cron666

Reaction score
Installed the 4-07 nightly, signal icons stay grey but data is working fine. Seems we are missing the icon in the latest build or its just corrupted. Is there a list of md5 hashes of the builds? Ubuntu usually has a txt file of them in the folder they are deposited in. Maybe ill try the 4-06 build or wait for another.

Back to 4-04 for now.

First try for 4-07 I cleared the caches in safestrap and then flashed over 4-04. Gmail wouldn't work and 4g wouldn't connect. Then I did full format and cleared caches, fresh flash of 4-07 and didn't bother with gapps. Does that make a difference?

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

cron666

Reaction score
Also, wireless N does not work with this rom from what I can tell. Maybe builds after 4-04 fix this?

Garlick

Reaction score
Also, wireless N does not work with this rom from what I can tell. Maybe builds after 4-04 fix this?

I get N access and speed from my house, so I don't think that's correct.