[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

faykfox

Reaction score
What city do you live in?? I've actually been finding it's quite city dependent.

I have incredible data speeds and reception in San Diego, but have traveled to a few cities, including Las Vegas & San Fran that are TERRIBLE. Drops all the time.

I remember you saying that. I live in Las Vegas. However, I visit San Diego frequently, and have been having the same data connection issues there. I've also had relatively few problems with the stock ROM. The behavior I'm seeing doesn't appear to be a problem with signal strength, since I'll show full signal strength, then it will seem to reset and repeat.

Garlick

Reaction score
I remember you saying that. I live in Las Vegas. However, I visit San Diego frequently, and have been having the same data connection issues there. I've also had relatively few problems with the stock ROM. The behavior I'm seeing doesn't appear to be a problem with signal strength, since I'll show full signal strength, then it will seem to reset and repeat.

That's totally what I was getting in Las Vegas as well. Full signal, but then it will reset, and no data. Then it will come back as 3G, then go away after 3-5 minutes.

It was insane, my phone was unusable there.

Here in SD, 4/7 was awesome, not one drop. I switched to 4/11 today, and again, not a single drop all day......sorry man, just sounds unlucky.

cron666

Reaction score
just did a clean flash of the 4-12 build and its great so far. took care of the keyboard backlight problem as far as i can tell.
also you CAN wake the device from a keyboard open + screen off state.
press W E S D all at the same time and it wakes.
there is another key combo on the right but im not sure which one it is.
i found WESD by smearing my finger across the keyboard. i do not know what physical wear this may induce on the keyboard so I do not reccomend it.
just look for groupd of 4 keys arranged in a square and press them firmly.

ill go and restore my apps from titanium and see what happens.
i heard not to restore system apps or settings even between nightlies!
so i only backed up my installed apps and data

also using the 3-17 gapps. it still wants to update gmail but has the play store at least :)
http://goo-inside.me/gapps (choose the top one across from Cyanogen 9.0.x of the table.)

Last edited:

strakajagr

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting the 4/12 build? The builds link appears to be dead and has been since last night. Any word on this?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
go to Accounts and Sync and tick off the switch at the top right of the screen?
i did that but when background was off the play store wouldnt work on other roms and stock but the play store still loads with that switched off... hmmm

cron666

Reaction score
Found a bug that was bothering me before and I tested right after flashing 4-12 build.

When using any other screen brightness setting besides Auto, the keyboard will not light.

For now, I have tweaked the hell out of the automatic settings using the filter and lots of value tweaking.

Sometimes I have weird lighting conditions that auto can't keep up with and I like to force the screen all the way dim or 100% bright. Anyone know where these values are stored? I think ill send hashcode an email asking for tips as a last resort.

Sent from DroidForums app.

ECollins

Reaction score
I have the 4/7 nightly build; and i was wondering if there's a way to get my Facebook to Sync my contacts, I've tried to go to Accounts and add Facebook, but when i click FB button, it does nothing but bring me back to the My Accounts page. Thank you!

cron666

Reaction score
I have the 4/7 nightly build; and i was wondering if there's a way to get my Facebook to Sync my contacts, I've tried to go to Accounts and add Facebook, but when i click FB button, it does nothing but bring me back to the My Accounts page. Thank you!

I recommend updating to the 4-12 build in my link. Just wipe the dalvik before you install it and it might fix the problem. I don't use the facebook sync so ymmv.

ECollins

Reaction score
I recommend updating to the 4-12 build in my link. Just wipe the dalvik before you install it and it might fix the problem. I don't use the facebook sync so ymmv.

I don't even use facebook, but i enjoy having peoples pictures show up when they call me and when i'm texting. I'm downloading they 4-12 now. I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I'm lost..I just popped in on the conversion but why are yal talking abt 4 12 nightly when thats been out since the beggining? I installed 4 13 a month ago

ECollins

Reaction score
The most recent build is APR - 12.

Sent from my DROID 4 using DroidForums