Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

DrPooley

Reaction score
I downloaded the Dx Top 30 minute trial to make some quick screen captures. Shown in order of middle, left, right. Picture was taken off a Google image search on pc and loaded to Droid then size adjusted and set as wallpaper. Looks awesome on Droid screen, very sharp and the image is simple enough to not clutter the screen, plus it looks cool on the lock screen as well if you're a Giants fan.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm using DXTop after using PandaHome~~~~~NEW~~ for about a week. i luved Panda but i hated that i couldn't erase the names underneath the icons like i can in DXTop. :) PKDesigns from this forum added the sparkles to my wallpaPer:icon_ banana: and OF COURSE i think my home is the sweetest one in here lol

Last edited:

tah

Reaction score
What we need is a "sticky" discussing the various desktop apps, icon packs, making your own icons.....etc.

I know I'd like to Play with this but sorting through all the available info before making a buying decision is painful.

Maybe one of you guys/girls on here who's done the pain/expense thing could save us all a lot of grief?

Thanks.........

JasonLee

Reaction score
Can also just throw the google search to one of your other screens too.

I bought this app and as others have stated, have no problem at all supporting devs.

You dont even need the google search widget, if you just start typing on any home screen it will search automaticly. And if u want to voice search just hold down the soft search key on the front of the for for like 2 secs and it will start voice search automaticly. Home this helped if you didnt already know.

JasonLee

Reaction score
Can also just throw the google search to one of your other screens too.

I bought this app and as others have stated, have no problem at all supporting devs.

dandanaka said:
what is that widget that shows the large format time and weather information ?
The time/weather app on the main (middle) screen is Weather Widgets - Donate app linked in my post in this thread.

already been posted.

You can also try Beautiful Widgets which has a similar clock/weather widget as well as some toggles.

beautiful widgets is really the way to go, constantly updated, click clock for alarm click sun or clouds image get pop up weather animation with 3 day forcast, click date for calander. not to mention it comes bundled with other widgets for airplane mode, silent, vibrate, and others. well worth the dollar i think i remember paying back when i bought it when i still had my g1

blackngray70

Reaction score
Here's mine kind of boring but thought I'd share anyway:)

Untitled_Panorama2copy.png

Untitled-4.png

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What we need is a "sticky" discussing the various desktop apps, icon packs, making your own icons.....etc.

I know I'd like to Play with this but sorting through all the available info before making a buying decision is painful.

Maybe one of you guys/girls on here who's done the pain/expense thing could save us all a lot of grief?

Thanks.........
All of my icons, except one (phonemypc), are just folders that i added apps to (i.e. the star one is all my favorite contacts' direct dial shortcuts) then changed the icon and erased the name. Hence, no need for all those dock bars in Panda Home which were in my way most of the time anyway and i could hardly see what was on them because of the stuff in the background. Hell i dont even see why anyone would need another screen as much as you can shove in those folders lol. The only thing i miss about Panda is the long hold on an icon and having all those options (close, remove icon from desktop, change icon or name, uninstall and application info). But to be able to delete the names under the icons, which for some reason drove me mad, made it so worth switching to DXTop.

i also tried Open Home FULL for a bit. I like the little screens and battery indicators at the bottom. I did kind of like the little side dock (which you can opt to not show in settings) but it doesn’t hold as much as folders and you have to slide it in and out rather than just click on a folder. I did like that you can change the font on the icon names but I also could find no simple way to change the icon. Panda Home spoiled me for that and now DXTop has too.

the GDE home I also tried for a bit. I luv the cube/fade effect for the screens. I luv the dedicated call button. I spent hours trying to figure out how to change the icon of a folder….grrrrr…. I decided that it isn’t possible, I couldn’t even figure out how to change the name from “folder” to “fav contacts” or whatever lol maybe I’m just dumb. I HATE the layout of the apps drawer….they’re in a list that takes FOREVER to scroll through instead of a grid. Maybe this can be changed as well I just didn’t take the time to try after all the time I spent trying to create and customize folders.

Either way my vote goes to Panda Home or DXTop for now until/unless there’s some major updates on the others.

ANYWAY, i have now downloaded an awesome little app called Home Switcher. This allows you to switch between different homes which most ppl wont do but i want to update all the homes and monitor them for changes and enhancements before i choose which one i truly can't live without. All this said, you might be wondering if all this crap on my phone has slowed it down lol. Ummm…no….not that I’ve noticed!! EVERYONE of the home apps run smooth as far as I can tell. Maybe I just got a specialer phone than some lol. Or maybe it’s because I kill everything, except what I have on ignore, so only one home is on at a time.

Maybe this will help you some Tah? Or at least confuse the hell outta ya LmAo tata for now

tah

Reaction score
What I'd really like to see is a developer write a program where we could simply swap some desktop icons for some of the custom sets. Like swap the phone icon for a phone icon in a set we have on our card. Just needs to access the Droid OS without a complete desktop system which slows the OS and is a hassle to keep up with.

Anyone form Palm here. Remember Silver Screen? Looked great and was highly customizable but too buggy. I ended up staying with the Palm original icons and setup. Some folks liked ZLauncher, even more cutomizable and a total pain to learn and maintain.

goonygugle

Reaction score
picture widget is my wife, i need a good background if someone could show or make me one