SBF to root and to unroot

warrior21

Reaction score
Did you? I'm surprised, that usually isn't an issue since they should have been backed up on your google account. I've tried a few different roms including redrum 1.3 and bugless beast but I seem to come back to ultimate droid 9.8. It seems to work the smoothest on my phone overclocked at 1.0ghz. UD just came out with a new rom that I haven't tried yet but I think I will tomorrow. If you look right here in the hacks section each dev has it's own section so you can read up and look at screen shots for the different roms. If you use rom manager you can downoad roms right from there instead of using the update.zip method. Just make sure you boot into revovery and make a nandroid back up before you flash a rom in case something goes wrong or you don't like it. Then you can always boot back into recovery and reload where you are now.

warrior21

Reaction score
Overclocking and wifi tethering was the main reason I rooted so to start with I only flashed a custom kernel and not a rom. I used a low voltage kernel from adamz that overclocked to 1ghz with set cpu and it worked great. After a few weeks I decided to go ahead and try a rom so I went with ultimate droid 9.8. I've heard great things about cyanogenmod roms and there are plenty of themes and kernels you can try out in rom manager. You download the rom first and then you can go back in and try out different themes. I like the dark themes myself so that's what I stick with.

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It says that i have installed rsd lite but i cant get it to open

What says it is installed? The drivers were installed too?

It says motorola drivers 4.2 installed and then i cant find anything else about it

The drivers are installed then. In your Start menu do you have RSD Lite listed with a blue Motorola icon? Sorry if you've already been down this path, just trying to make sure we have all the bases covered. You installed both the drivers and RSD Lite, right?

MCdevil58

Reaction score
What says it is installed? The drivers were installed too?

It says motorola drivers 4.2 installed and then i cant find anything else about it

The drivers are installed then. In your Start menu do you have RSD Lite listed with a blue Motorola icon? Sorry if you've already been down this path, just trying to make sure we have all the bases covered. You installed both the drivers and RSD Lite, right?

No icons appear anywhere after it says that, and if i try to search it it says no application found

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No icons appear anywhere after it says that, and if i try to search it it says no application found

Without starting RSD Lite it should sit in your start menu. What are you doing to run the program?
You install the drivers. You install RSD Lite. Then you run RSD Lite. I don't know what you are doing to get the error you are getting so you need to spell out, step by step what you have done to get there. Then, hopefully with a little luck, we'll figure out what is going on so you can make progress.

MCdevil58

Reaction score

Without starting RSD Lite it should sit in your start menu. What are you doing to run the program?
You install the drivers. You install RSD Lite. Then you run RSD Lite. I don't know what you are doing to get the error you are getting so you need to spell out, step by step what you have done to get there. Then, hopefully with a little luck, we'll figure out what is going on so you can make progress.

I unpack the file to motorola consumer driver installation, i install it and then there is nothing else for me to run or install rsd lite doesnt pop up anywhere

MCdevil58

Reaction score
Ok i found the blue M after I installed the drivers but it doesnt say anywhere in that about installing rsd lite

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok i found the blue M after I installed the drivers but it doesnt say anywhere in that about installing rsd lite

It doesn't say anywhere in "what" about installing RSD Lite? Did it run, are you all set?

MCdevil58

Reaction score

It doesn't say anywhere in "what" about installing RSD Lite? Did it run, are you all set?

There is a folder in my programs that says motorola driver installer and if you click on it three things pop up: motorola diver installer.exe, the license agreement and the driver installer release notes, nothing ever comes up anywhere in my programs about rsd lite just that folder