Samsung Galaxy S2 Coming to the US, Branding Confirmed?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

galaxys2case.jpg

Pocketnow, via a wireless accessories website, has apparently discovered the names of 3 of the carrier-branded versions of the Galaxy S 2 that will be coming stateside later this year. The device will be known as the Attain on AT&T, the Function on Verizon Wireless, and the Within on Sprint.

Mysteriously absent is a T-Mobile version, suggesting either that the device won’t be coming to America’s pinkest carrier, or that it will be arriving in a different (QWERTY?) form-factor which does not fit the case being advertised on the source webpage. Either that, or they just don’t know the name of it, yet.

Pocketnow

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have to say if i were to get any phone, thats the one id pull the trigger on. Ill be getting a quad core though, my D1 will last me til at least Dec.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this device is the one I want.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah the S2 looks amazing... you seen this video yet?

[video=youtube;4n2Kp4ekWNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2Kp4ekWNs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - [GALAXY S II] Official Live Demo -- HD[/video]

jlukes

Reaction score
Any word on when a Verizon release is expected? Definitely looks like the phone to replace my D1 now that the Bionic is MIA

kylo77

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on Galaxy (Function??????) watch. My D1 still holds it's own with ROM updates but is showing its weaknesses as well.

bL33d

Reaction score
Yea im gonna use my moms upgrade (my account i pay her bill) to get this phone and give her my droid x shes on OG droid.

music life

Reaction score
any idea if its gonna be 4g? i heard that it looked to small to have the 4g stuff.

also any idea when its coming to vzw? this thing looks awesome :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If the Verizon version has global capabilities, I'll be all over it. Doesn't seem too likely though.

bigdad63

Reaction score

galaxys2case.jpg

Pocketnow, via a wireless accessories website, has apparently discovered the names of 3 of the carrier-branded versions of the Galaxy S 2 that will be coming stateside later this year. The device will be known as the Attain on AT&T, the Function on Verizon Wireless, and the Within on Sprint.

Mysteriously absent is a T-Mobile version, suggesting either that the device won’t be coming to America’s pinkest carrier, or that it will be arriving in a different (QWERTY?) form-factor which does not fit the case being advertised on the source webpage. Either that, or they just don’t know the name of it, yet.

Pocketnow
[/QUOTE

My excitement was tempered quite a bit when I saw the bullet point about the kickstand.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Those are the worst names for phones that I have ever seen. I really, really hope that Samsung cares about these devices more than their silly names indicate.