Samsung's First Android Slider for Verizon Pictured in the Wild?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Samsung's First Android Slider for Verizon Pictured in the Wild?

samsung-i405-wide.jpg

The Samsung SCH-i405 is a QWERTY slider smartphone that does seem to look like the Epic 4G Galaxy S variant over at Sprint, but this smartphone will actually be arriving on Verizon Wireless’ CDMA network instead. It will more or less fall short of the Epic’s 4G capabilities, but at least it has been spotted in the wild – which means it could be coming real soon. There has been no specs leaked as of yet, but this is more or less the first Android-powered slider from Samsung that will be arriving on Verizon Wireless.
A mid-range device with single-core gigahertz-class processor and WVGA display.

samsung-i405-tight.jpg

Source: Pocketnow

PainProphet

Reaction score
Great, another sub-par slider... PASS Why so much hate for sliders now-a-days... forcing me to shop the non sliders for the good hardware.

volando

Reaction score
Pentile screen FTL

Yeah...true story...:sad:

Once the phone's released, I'm going to take my D1 into a store and compare the screens to see if this is something I can live with.

I'll be doing the same thing, but after seeing screenshots of the screens, I don't think I'll end up getting the D3.

There are many of us... when I found out about the sub-par amount of ram in it and the terrible pentile screen I pretty much decided to go for the GS2 and just use Swype... gonna wait and see, of course, want to experience both of them directly first.