Epic 4G-ish Device Coming to Verizon?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Epic 4G-ish Device Coming to Verizon?

163314-samsungi405closeup.jpg

Are you a Verizon customer? Do you have a thing for with keyboards? If you answered yes to both questions, then I’ve got some news for you. The folks over at Pocketnow just scored the photos you see above and below, which show a Samsung-made Android QWERTY slider that looks an awful lot like Sprint’s Epic 4G. There’s not much known about this particular device just yet, although it’s said to carry the model number SCH-i405, which is right after the SCH-i400[FONT=inherit !important][/FONT] Continum. No word on when this mystery phone will hit Verizon’s shelves, although Pocketnow points out that it’s already earned Bluetooth and WiFi certification but hasn’t yet appeared in the FCC. That means we may not see this particular device launch for another month or so.

samsung-i405-wide.jpg

It’s not yet clear what kind of features we can expect from this QWERTY slider, but the model number suggests that it may only pack middle of the road specs. Whether or not the i405 includes 4G LTE connectivity remains to be seen, but if it is more of a mid-range device like the model number suggests, 3G-only support wouldn’t be a complete shock. A couple of days ago we learned that Sprint may soon be launching an Epic 2 with a single-core 1.2GHz processor and 4-inch display, so perhaps [FONT=inherit !important][/FONT]will be getting a similar device at the same time as or shortly thereafter? It’s certainly possible. So what do you all think? Anyone interested in an Epic like smartphone on Verizon?

samsung-i405-kb.jpg

Source: Pocketnow

Last edited: