JD Power Study: iPhone Users Like AT&T & VZW; Samsung Users Like Sprint & T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 18, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

According to a recent study by J.D. Power some odd patterns emerge potentially linking a particular smartphone with a particular carrier in the minds of the consumer. According to the study, consumers might actually rank their satisfaction with carrier based upon the brand of smartphone they use. Some interesting trends emerged which suggest that customers who use the iPhone typically prefer AT&T or Verizon, while customers who primarily use Samsung phones appreciate Sprint or T-Mobile more. There's obviously a little more to it than just that, but the results are fascinating.

Here's their press release,

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +771
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    I just moved from AT&T to Tmobile at the start of this month. I knew I was going to get slower speeds of data no TMobile where I live and even weaker signal strength for calls but that didn't bother me. I wanted a Note 3 first and foremost. I had a Galaxy S3, but the Note 3 called to me. I cancelled my AT&T service early and paid the fee. I wanted the JUMP program, I wanted no contract other than having to pay off my device if I decide to leave TMobile, I wanted wifi calling at home because its clear as hell and wifi is strong in my entire house. Data is acceptable. Streaming audio (Google Music or Pandra) doesn't stop and plays within a few seconds of starting to buffer. LTE is rolling out in my area so that will be available to me soon. I've gotten better customer service than I did at VZW or AT&T when I bought my phone, bought my wife's S4 there a few months ago and got beyond great service. That was a train wreck and they resolved it for us (started at Costco before we realized they were selling the old service plans, not the new ones and that is what screwed it all up).

3. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    I always wonder at how asking 16,000 opinions from 160,000,000 owners can produce anything but a completely pure chance sampling. Maybe I just don't understand the system they use.

Search tags for this page

2010 u.s. wireless smartphone customer satisfaction study