Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Rumored to be a Bigger, Better 2nd Half, S-Series Upgrade

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evan-blass-galaxy-note-6.png

Technically this isn't really a rumor. It's really more of an editorial comment from famed leaker @evleaks, but it's worth sharing just because we love our Galaxy Note series around here. When recently asked on Twitter about the possibility of Samsung killing off the Note lineup because of the Galaxy S7 Edge+, Blass responded with his opinion regarding Samsung's plans for the next generation Note.

Blass specifically said, "Note exists as a de facto second half S-series flagship upgrade: bigger, better CPU, more features. Can't see them dropping." Here at HQ, we concur with his assessment. The Note series is one of Samsung's most successful and profitable product lines in mobile. Furthermore, it gives them an end of year device to pit directly against Apple's iPhone launch. Even though it means Sammy will basically field two different phablet-style devices, it's a good bet that the Note 6 will be coming, and that it will be a solid improvement over the last gen. What to you folks think?

Feel free to discuss the older Samsung Galaxy Note devices at our dedicated category here: Samsung Galaxy Note Forum | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

jbal52

Reaction score
I'm still very happy with my Note 3 and am under contract until the end of April. I really want to upgrade to get optical stabilization and be able to makes notes on my screen as the Note 5 allows. Based on this information, I just may hold out until there is a Note 6 and hope these features mentioned are still included along with the SD card capability back in.

Gremlin

Reaction score
That is going to be my next phone unless LG G5 comes out to be interesting

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm still very happy with my Note 3 and am under contract until the end of April. I really want to upgrade to get optical stabilization and be able to makes notes on my screen as the Note 5 allows. Based on this information, I just may hold out until there is a Note 6 and hope these features mentioned are still included along with the SD card capability back in.

Same here, love the Note3 and hoping the 6 brings back the SD card. If they drop the Note series, I'd be surprised and probably not a Samsung customer anymore.

As far as the notes on your screen like the 5, if your referencing the lock screen notes, the Note3 has the ability. I did enjoy that feature and do miss the S pen.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It will be interesting to see how this develops and what other manufacturers also do in response...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I concur. I don't see the Note series going anywhere. They have a strong following, both in the business world and the phablet lovers.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The Note has become one of the most popular devices worldwide. I don't see it going away..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Though I've moved away from the Note series after owning only one of them, I couldn't agree more with everything you folks have already said. They'd be incredibly silly to discontinue the Note series. It's the OG line of phablets that started the trend that everyone is running with these days.

I liked the Spen, but found that I stopped using it as I got more comfortable using the phone one-handed. If I hadn't had that Note, I doubt I'd have jumped so quickly on the Nexus 6P.

And my wife, who's been complaining for quite some time that she really wants a smaller device, loves the Note 4 now that I upgraded. She moved from my old S4 to the Note and hasn't complained once about the size of the overall device because the size of the screen makes it worth it for her.

I don't see there being an issue with the Note series vs the S+ series either. Sure, they may sell a smaller number of one device vs. the other, but they're not going to sell less TOTAL devices. If I were to return to Samsung, I'd probably go the S+ route to get the big screen and not have the Spen that I don't need. I know some of our other members here who've been BIG Note fans have made the same switch.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I absolutely loved my Note 2 and happily ugraded to the Note 4 when I was able.

The way Samsung handled the Note 4's bootloader for Verizon has killed 110% of my love for Sammy. Unless they pull a complete 180 on bootloader philosophy (which I do not see happening, ever), I will never purchase another Samsung device of any kind and I no longer recommend them to friends.

I finally gave up last November and purchased a Nexus 6P. I gave the Note 4 to my father.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Agreed. It's not Samsung that's keeping you from unlocking the bootloader, it's Verizon & AT&T. Samsung Note devices on T-Mobile & Sprint haven't had a problem with locked bootloaders.

S5 tap'n

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
It can't simply be Verizon because many phones sold by Verizon are rootable. It's not just the locked bootloader, either. Samsung incorporated write protection on the system. preventing any lasting change. Kingroot will root the Verizon Note 4 but any reboot results in the system going back to stock unrooted.

My cell phone is provided by the company for which I work. I would love for them to ditch Big Red but we work all over the state and Verizon's network works wherever we go.