Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Launching in August; One Month Ahead of the iPhone 7 Plus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-6-august-launch-rumor.png

It looks like Samsung is exercising their "strategic muscle" with the Samsung Galaxy Note 6, if this latest rumor is valid. Supposedly the South Korean company plans to release the Galaxy Note 6 in the week of August 15th. Assuming that Apple sticks with their usual schedule, this would make the iPhone 7 Plus a month late to launch after the Note 6, which is what makes this a savvy move on Sammy's part. Having their flagship phablet on the streets for a whole month ahead could turn some impatient heads.

Additional reports shed a dim light on a few features of the Note 6, including a USB Type-C port, IP68 water and dust resistance, and a 4,000 mAh battery. As always, we will keep you updated as more info develops, and be sure to check out our dedicated section for the Samsung Galaxy Note 6 here: Samsung Galaxy Note 6.

Source: @evleaks

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Initially on reading this, I was bummed and felt I should have waited for this instead of buying my S7 Edge. But hearing the Note 6 will have a usb-c makes me glad I did. I am so heavily invested in micro-usb cords, and all of our family's devices use them. I will wait until more devices have usb-c until I start to transition.

realged13

Reaction score
I really don't mind having to get a couple new cords. I keep one at my work and one at home and that's all I really need.

If all of these specs come out true, I am finally leaving the Motorola Droid line for Samsung.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Initially on reading this, I was bummed and felt I should have waited for this instead of buying my S7 Edge. But hearing the Note 6 will have a usb-c makes me glad I did. I am so heavily invested in micro-usb cords, and all of our family's devices use them. I will wait until more devices have usb-c until I start to transition.
I felt the same way when getting the LG G5, however there's a USB-C to to Micro USB converter that came with the spare battery that I just put on whatever Micro USB charger I have if I'm at work or elsewhere.

It's still a small hassle trying to remember to bring it with me everywhere, but I'm getting used to it. This should make the adjustment to the Note 6 much easier for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just when things were getting to where 1 plug for just about everything now usbC

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least USB 3.0 is backward compatible, so you don't need a separate cable like type C.

S5 tap'n
I meant C. Thanks. Gonna fix my post.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Early Christmas present for me....as long as the spec rumors hold true. If not, heavily discounted S7 here I come.

S5 tap'n

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better have that IR blaster goodness. Honestly though I may only buy if there's a Dev edition. More of a principle thing, but the updates are just too slow from VZ and Samsung, so I don't know if I could pull the trigger otherwise.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Updates with Verizon/Samsung have improved significantly since Jellybean (on all Galaxy S devIces) & KitKat to present for all other Samsung devices. They've been the first to receive updates out of the top 4 US carriers. So those days are long over. As for Verizon/other manufacturer models that's a completely different story.
Viva! Samsung

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updates with Verizon/Samsung have improved significantly since Jellybean (on all Galaxy S devIces) & KitKat to present for all other Samsung devices. They've been the first to receive updates out of the top 4 US carriers. So those days are long over. As for Verizon/other manufacturer models that's a completely different story.
Viva! Samsung

S5 tap'n
AT&T used to be better than Verizon at updates but they're so far behind now it's almost like they've abandoned their update department altogether.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><