Samsung Supposedly Skipping Galaxy Note 6 Name for Galaxy Note 7

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-rumored-name.jpg

There's a new rumor that Samsung is supposedly considering skipping using the Galaxy Note 6 name for the next generation of the Galaxy Note series. Instead they plan to jump right to the Galaxy Note 7 name.

From a marketing stand-point, the reason this makes sense is because their entire Galaxy Note line will be in alignment with the same generation number, "7." This could help new consumers avoid being confused and assuming that the Galaxy Note 6 is an older model device.

The rumor-monger who leaked this was supposedly a Samsung marketing exec, but we should probably be skeptical for now. What do you think? Would Galaxy Note fans care if the next model had a 7 instead of a 6?

Source: Phandroid

Just in case the name stays Galaxy Note 6, here's our dedicated section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 6.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I guess it would make things make a little more sense if they released the S7 and Note 7 in the same year, but I still think it's odd. Kind of a Windows 10 move. Haha!

Idk. You'd think, if people were going to have trouble understanding that the Note line is a generation behind the S line as far as numbers go, they would've done something about it around the 3rd generation or so. To me, it feels like they've gotten by this far with the scheme that they have. I don't see any point in changing it, personally.

realged13

Reaction score
I just wondering when the specs are going to start leaking.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it would make things make a little more sense if they released the S7 and Note 7 in the same year, but I still think it's odd. Kind of a Windows 10 move. Haha!

Idk. You'd think, if people were going to have trouble understanding that the Note line is a generation behind the S line as far as numbers go, they would've done something about it around the 3rd generation or so. To me, it feels like they've gotten by this far with the scheme that they have. I don't see any point in changing it, personally.
iPhone 7 with pencil. Note 7 with S Pen. Hmmmmm.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Going Head to Head! iPhone 7 Pro Vs Galaxy Note 7!! Unless the iPhone 7 Pro can place the pencil inside the Pro. The Gnote 7 will have the upper hand...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

the windows 10 move was valid, it was because of windows 9x and the old code still in the system.

at least that's what they said...

I think this is a smart marketing move, customers are stupid and thinking that the note 6 is older than the S7 because of the number has probably hurt sales.

bucho602

Reaction score
I take offense to their assumptions of consumer intelligence!!!! The Note series is not for the faint of heart phone-goers, but for us intelligent, proper, and elegant gentleman and ladies. (Just booming in with a humorous tone :)) So what if it is a number behind? The majority of consumers who do not know the ins and outs of the phone game, are usually pestered by salesmen who will certainly remind them that it is indeed the most "current" phone. I, myself, am in the latter and read about these things before they even hit the market. Now I will feel like I didn't throw my money out each year on a phone upgrade I didn't need when I reflect on previous phones.

Me at 60, "So kid, I had the original droid, then went to the thunderbolt, oh I had the droid razer, then I got hooked on sammy and got the note 2, the note 3, the note 4, the note 5, the note 7, the note 8......"

Kid, "But Grandpa, what happened to the note 6? Were you poor that year or being responsible and waiting for a two year upgrade"

Me, ":(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:("

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think it's nonsense as well. Consumers are informed and can and will make the best decision that suits their needs...