Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yes it it's better than it being at the bottom with you wrists resting on it all the time.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it it's better than it being at the bottom with you wrists resting on it all the time.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
I was looking at a laptop a few years back to give to my wife on her birthday and the thing she liked best was the track pad wasn't on the bottom but was on the upper right,a much more natural position for her because of her frequent entire daily use of a mouse and keyboard. Me? I'd just use my Bluetooth mouse and be happy with it no matter where they put the track pad.
I seem to recall the dock pad has been done before but I don't remember much other than I think it was a Web os phone, maybe a blackberry, because my sister was eying it for her husband to be able to dock his work phone after work.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was looking at a laptop a few years back to give to my wife on her birthday and the thing she liked best was the track pad wasn't on the bottom but was on the upper right,a much more natural position for her because of her frequent entire daily use of a mouse and keyboard. Me? I'd just use my Bluetooth mouse and be happy with it no matter where they put the track pad.
I seem to recall the dock pad has been done before but I don't remember much other than I think it was a Web os phone, maybe a blackberry, because my sister was eying it for her husband to be able to dock his work phone after work.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Moto had the Atrix, which ran Android. That's the most recent one I'm aware of.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto had the Atrix, which ran Android. That's the most recent one I'm aware of.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I remember now (Google is my friend). It was called the BlackBerry Playbook

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Release Date Rumors: To Launch In July With Android N!

We’re going to flag today’s rumor for caution, but here it is nonetheless: Korean publication The Bell is reporting that the Samsung Galaxy Note 6 will be launching as soon as July. It’s odd timing considering Samsung usually waits until early Fall to unveil new devices in the lineup at IFA Berlin.

We wouldn’t be surprised if Samsung wants to break the status quo, though. They did greatly accelerate launch plans for the Samsung Galaxy S6, after all, and they likely want to be the best and only viable phablet option on store shelves before consumers have a chance to consider anything else.

But even more interesting than that is that the device is also supposedly going to launch with Android N. That would seem to indicate Google will release the final stable form of the OS update no later than July, which falls right in line with the Summer launch expectations they’ve already talked about. We could see it sooner, even, but it’s too early (and the source isn’t veritable enough) to start placing bets on anything.

Anyway, here’s a rundown of what the early rumors say to expect from the device, hardware-wise:

• 5.8-inch 2560 x 1440 Super AMOLED display
  • 12MP Super OIS camera
  • S-Pen
  • 64GB / 128GB of storage
  • 6GB of RAM
Sounds like something to get excited for, but with how varied the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge rumors were before launch we won’t be shocked if it turns out to be something totally different.

Source

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
6GB of RAM? What are they doing on their phones?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think it coming with N is very improbable for a July launch. Perhaps Oct.

I'm so worried the screen/size will be to big.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it coming with N is very improbable for a July launch. Perhaps Oct.

I'm so worried the screen/size will be to big.

If they get the ergonomics right we won't notice the difference. Isn't the Note4 5.7"? I know mine feels smaller in hand than my Note2 ,which is smaller, because of the ergonomics and smaller bezel.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I don't care so much about the feel but physical size. Physically it can't be any bigger than my Note 4.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I actually like the size of the note 5. The thin bezels make a big phone not feel as big as the nexus 6(p) or iPhone 6 plus. It they went with on screen buttons they could make the note 5 the same footprint of the nexus 5. But we know Samsung is going to stick with their iPhone look alike buttons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I like the size of my GNOTE 4. I have big hands so a bigger screen would not be a problem for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the size of my GNOTE 4. I have big hands so a bigger screen would not be a problem for me.

I can use mine 1 handed with no trouble but my Note2 was difficult to use 1 handed.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><