Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Rumor: IP68 Water Resistance & Iris Scanner

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Note 6 To Be MEGA Update: Specs & Hardware Detailed

This is just one of the articles that shows that Samsung already owns patents for the docking station. So they are looking at possibly ChromeOS or Windows to be used when running in the dock. It's all just rumors, but it would prove to be interesting none the less if it does actually come to be.
Of thru choose windows in gonna be all over this device like... Well I can't think of a sufficient euphemism, suffice it to say I'll own this device if that is indeed the case.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
One thing I wish The GNOTE 6 would have is front facing speakers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I agree to this... However I just don't see it.... IF you factor in the option for a docking station the front facing speakers make even more sense to eliminate the need for speakers in the dock... But I have to believe worst case it will still be on the bottom which I have to believe is better than the rear.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here is an concept of the Galaxy Note 6. What do you think about it?

cb52bc56e5e3fc43d43e826e355b96f4.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Gets Really Curvy in This Dual Camera Concept | Concept Phones

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
All the S7 reviews I've watched show that they've definitely nailed the fingerprint scanner, so IMO an iris scanner isn't out of the realm of possibilities. My 3 1/2 year old laptop came with facial recognition built in and it works really well. Granted, it can be a bit slow at times, (which is why I prefer using a password instead), but the technology is there. It's simply a matter of whether or not it's refined enough to where people will actually use it.

S5 tap'n
Well I gave the fingerprint scanner a go on my Note 4 for the first time and it's HORRID. I bet I had to swipe my finger 200 times to unlock the phone 6 or 8 times.

I will say I hope it's improved on other devices as I do like the thought of it. It will be a selling point for me on my next device. If it worked the first time everything I'd be all over it.