Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
So... assuming both phones had ICS -- which phone was more impressive? Droid RAZR or Galaxy Nexus?

RAZR wins in looks, but the screen on the Galaxy Nexus is great...

Then again, the RAZR also has a SAmoled screen, and the screen size isn't much different since the Nexus has onscreen buttons.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

wvdroidman

Reaction score
how is the nexus protected from drop and water damage compared with the razr?

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I'm not entirely certain why people care so much about how a phone "Feels". If one is more durable than the other (IE: that drop test video) then it's better. Period. "Feel" means nothing, especially since if you actually care about the device you'll be putting a case on it anyway.
Well if something does not feel right...would you want it...I could give an example, however, it would likely be deleted by mods.

So you are saying that only those who put cases on their phones care about them? That is a large assumption. Would be like saying you do not care about your Vette cause you do not put a cover on it when you drive it.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
So... assuming both phones had ICS -- which phone was more impressive? Droid RAZR or Galaxy Nexus?

the galaxy nexus of course, its an hd screen, and im pretty sure the razr isnt. secondly the nexus was specifically designed to work well with ics, whereas the razr wasnt, third the nexus should have an unlocked bootloader and the razr wont (at least for verizon anyway, right?) and lastly the nexus will have the bigger screen by far

Vakharn

Reaction score
RAZR wins in looks, but the screen on the Galaxy Nexus is great...

Then again, the RAZR also has a SAmoled screen, and the screen size isn't much different since the Nexus has onscreen buttons.

For me, the nexus, no question. The larger screen size (which does matter when viewing video or gaming, where the buttons are hidden) and more importantly the higher screen res, makes a big difference for me personally. That said, given the news about the GPU in the nexus I'll be curious to compare it to the Vigor, but even if the Vigor is a little bit faster I'll still go with the Nexus for ICS.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For me, the nexus, no question. The larger screen size (which does matter when viewing video or gaming, where the buttons are hidden) and more importantly the higher screen res, makes a big difference for me personally. That said, given the news about the GPU in the nexus I'll be curious to compare it to the Vigor, but even if the Vigor is a little bit faster I'll still go with the Nexus for ICS.

My guess is the Vigor will have a Qualcomm Adreno 220. Since it's rumored to have the same CPU as the Sensation/TMO GS2/EVO 3D.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

If the buttons are hidden when gaming, how do you get back to the homescreen?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I do not drop my phones, I am talking about the physical characteristics of the phone and how they feel in your hand.

I agree, the edge to edge glass of the iPhone 4 is going to be a problem...no question about that, however, the hardware itself feels so much more of a quality product than any Android phone I have had.
Yeah, well LOTS of people however, do drop there phones. I have so many friends with the iPhone or just iPod touches that have shattered screens.

Vakharn

Reaction score
Well if something does not feel right...would you want it...I could give an example, however, it would likely be deleted by mods.

So you are saying that only those who put cases on their phones care about them? That is a large assumption. Would be like saying you do not care about your Vette cause you do not put a cover on it when you drive it.

Your analogies make no sense. This is a phone we're talking about. Something you're going to keep in your pocket and take with you everywhere, something which you're going to be stuck with for the next two years. I don't know about you, but I'd rather any damage happen to a case than the phone itself. Yeah, you can go without a case, but if you don't pay attention to what you do with that phone at all times it's not gonna be in great shape after two years. I've only dropped my original droid once, but it was on pavement, and if not for my case it wouldn't still be in the nearly pristine shape it is now.

If we're going to get into silly analogies, I wouldn't think you'd be a fan of plastic cars, given your fondness for metal and glass when it comes to phones.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah, well LOTS of people however, do drop there phones. I have so many friends with the iPhone or just iPod touches that have shattered screens.

I KNOW!

I honestly don't know anyone with either an iTouch or iPhone who hasn't had the screen crack.