Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

Ninjak

Reaction score
The fact that 1280x720 is the native resolution for ICS is nice. That immediately drops the Droid RAZR out of the race for me with its smaller res. That was definitely a great presentation. Although there are some features I think are just fluff (face recognition to unlock the phone, for example, and Roboto font doesn't look all that great), they've got a lot of good things in there. I hope they improve on the "Android Beam" so you don't have to dumbly tap the phones back-to-back, though. It'd be nice if you could just beam stuff in close ala ye olde Palm III days. I somehow don't envision people fist-bumping their phones too often. But color me impressed. Looks like it's this or the Rezound for me!:icon_ banana:

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Not trying to be a hater as the internals sound great, however, am I the only one that thinks it looks like a plastic toy?

Unless I am missing something, why can they not use a more solid material, such as aluminum!?

At this point, the Droid Razr looks like a more solid phone due to it's construction.

I don't know...I have had the OG Droid, the Incredible, the X, the TB, then went to the iPhone 4...looking to come back to Android, but the hardware seems to just feel cheap.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with ICS.
Not super impressed the the galaxy nexus though.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a hater as the internals sound great, however, am I the only one that thinks it looks like a plastic toy?

Unless I am missing something, why can they not use a more solid material, such as aluminum!?

At this point, the Droid Rzr looks like a more solid phone due to it's construction.

I don't know...I have had the OG Droid, the Incredible, the X, the TB, then went to the iPhone 4...looking to come back to Android, but the hardware seems to just feel cheap.
I'm guessing you didn't see the drop test video of the iPhone 4 vs the GSII....hehehe....

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
new official video for galaxy nexus up- [video=youtube;-F_ke3rxopc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_ke3rxopc[/video]
they didnt mention live editing in the streaming video did they?

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't see the drop test video of the iPhone 4 vs the GSII....hehehe....
Well I do not drop my phones, I am talking about the physical characteristics of the phone and how they feel in your hand.

I agree, the edge to edge glass of the iPhone 4 is going to be a problem...no question about that, however, the hardware itself feels so much more of a quality product than any Android phone I have had.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Bionic feels pretty solid. Can't say I've felt a more solid phone. It's light for it's size but it's got a nice heft, and I don't mind the plastic back, it's pretty hard.

J

JohnDroid

So... assuming both phones had ICS -- which phone was more impressive? Droid RAZR or Galaxy Nexus?

dieselpowered

Reaction score
My Bionic feels pretty solid. Can't say I've felt a more solid phone. It's light for it's size but it's got a nice heft, and I don't mind the plastic back, it's pretty hard.
Yeah? Well like I said, I really want to come back to Android...I just also want a quality piece of hardware.

I am a fanboy for no one...make a quality product, and I am there :)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
True but when will we get ICS?

I guess it depends on when Google drops the code.

With all the changes to android I'm thinking 6+ months. Though, maybe they'll hurry along with it.

Hope sucks.

Yeah? Well like I said, I really want to come back to Android...I just also want a quality piece of hardware.

I am a fanboy for no one...make a quality product, and I am there :)

DROID Razr sounds like your kind of phone then.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

I dont see the reason for Bionic users to get the Galaxy Nexus, unless you cant wait for ICS or have $800 to blow.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Vakharn

Reaction score
I'm not entirely certain why people care so much about how a phone "Feels". If one is more durable than the other (IE: that drop test video) then it's better. Period. "Feel" means nothing, especially since if you actually care about the device you'll be putting a case on it anyway.