Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I don't think it makes sense either.. If you are concerned about rock chips and the like then you probably would invest in the car equivalent of a phone case, a clear bra.
That would be a closer comparison to a screen protector...only difference, the screen protector will not turn yellow over time.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I just don't know what they are going to do about the four buttons on the bottom of all the other phones when they get upgraded to Android 4.0???

Since ICS is most likely going to be skinned (TouchWiz, Sense, etc.) I'm expecting the OEM's to have an setting set up where the user can pick which set they want to use. I'm sure some people will still want to use the search button and have external buttons.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
The lack of SD card support is a letdown, but only the lack of a removable battery would have made me consider not getting this phone. 32GB should be more than enough for me.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
ICS!=:icon_ banana::biggrin::icon_ lala:;):D:):icon_eek::blink::happy::):p:hail::heart:dancedroid:gotmyvote::shocked::yeahbaby01::bling::woot::icon_ peace::clap::rating10::icon_ owned::icon_ rocker::yahoo::rofl2:

(YES, I did do what you think I did, I got every emoticon that would describe ICS! ;-)

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Is it certain that it has no hdmi port? That is one thing I really wanted on my next phone:angry:

Hands on reviews are starting to pop up on the web and it looks like the following is CONFIRMED: (sorry for no sources... laptop battery about dead)

1. YES: Removable battery with SIM card slot
2. NO: HMDI port
3. NO: Expandable SD memory card slot

In my opinion, these make the Razr look more appealing (slightly).

I just don't know what they are going to do about the four buttons on the bottom of all the other phones when they get upgraded to Android 4.0???

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Is it certain that it has no hdmi port? That is one thing I really wanted on my next phone:angry:

It will most likely have what the GS2 and some of the HTC phones have.

It's a tech called Mobile High Definition Link
Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have to buy an adapter like this:

HTC Mobile High-Definition Link Adapter | HTC 73H00394-00M | Data Cables
One end plugs into the phones microUSB port and the other you put a full size HDMI cord into.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
^+1
It must because they were using hdmi mirroring at the event.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Wait? Does the galaxy nexus even have an hdmi port? I didnt see one and I realy want use my phone to watch shows on my t.v dam it. And the razr does have hdmi

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Look at the links a few post above. It is the same.tech the GSII is using. It is apparently so since they were using hdmi mirroring at the event tonight, on stag live.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I was wondering also since most sammy phones lately have had a mhl port. but overall the info of the actual phone was horrible. TI has confirmed its a 4460 processor since they didnt manage to state that either. definatley not buying this on day 1. icecream sandwich seems to have some nice features but the phone part of the presentation didnt overwhelm or underwhelm i guess this is finally the just plain whelm we have never heard about. :) and now we cant even get release dates on the announcement of device presentations :)

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok but I havent seen ahy hdmi port. Have u seen any pix showing it?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Outside of the camera (well the display is wicked nice, too), that presentation was mostly ICS. I have a suspicion that if the RAZR isn't unlocked sooner rather than later (remember, Google is buying Moto), it will get ICS pretty quickly. Google will probably just throw Sammie a bone with a few months of exclusivity - I say RAZR has ICS by the end of January, possibly sooner.

Ditto with Bionic