s4 first impressions

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by droidworld, May 23, 2013.

1. WickedLilThang

Ratings:
    +6
    I came from a Razr Maxx. The phone initially blew me away and I immediately purchased the S4. Overall, I am impressed with the phone. I honestly thought the battery would suck, being used to a Maxx, but i'm satisfied with it. I wish the casing was stronger like the Moto's, but sacrifices have to be made. The one thing that puzzles me is the motion, in our VZ store we had a Samsung rep come in and show his AT&T version of the S4 and the motion was outstanding...I can't get mine to do that at all. Gallery view motion works, that's it :( I've researched it and still can't figure out why. Ah well, Still a great phone!

2. gmhyman

gmhyman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life: not as good as my Droid Razr Maxx
    Voice recognition- terrible
    Multipicture live wallpaper doesn't work
    fast
    call quality good
    Google play automagically download every app I've ever had, lots of garbage to remove
    Verizon cloud is lame - can't download multiple photos from my stored stuff

3. droidworld

droidworld Member

Ratings:
    +5
    well you sound like a unhappy camper

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

4. djsiva

djsiva Active Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Google Play only downloads all apps if you sign in at initial setup, and it's that way on all phones. Skip it there and add it when you open the Play Store the first time.

5. cbrmike

cbrmike Member

Ratings:
    +0

Agreed This phone is light years ahead of the Bionic,I got mine yesterday and it's a great phone.The Bionic was good for what it was but dated.

6. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I think a lot of people got a bad taste in their mouth when Motorola took forever getting the Bionic out and then released the Razr right on it's heals. Not to mention FOREVER in getting updates rolled out. I'm probably done with them too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. droidworld

droidworld Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Im done with moto too. Was nice but change is better

8. jstwondrng

jstwondrng Member

Ratings:
    +7
    oh I agree. I just upgraded to the S4 from the Bionic and I couldn't be any happier. This phone rocks! And, I am definitely on the same page in regards to Motorola phones... I can honestly say, I doubt I'll ever go back. The way they handled the Bionic, really put a bad taste in my mouth. Samsung has it going on. I can see why it was rated Best Smartphone.

J

9. kevsgroove

kevsgroove Active Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Former Bionic user here. Enjoyed it, and never had any real issues with mine, however, the S4 has taken things (for me) to another level.

First off, I haven't had any issues with the Samsung radios for data, texting, etc., and phone calls have been crystal clear. After tooling around with the air gestures, I've shut them off (pretty much as I figured I would). They're cute, but not something I would lean on for function, especially since touching and manipulating the device is so easy. As for TouchWiz, a writer at Drippler put it best "TouchWiz isn't bad, it's just unnecessary." Having loved basic Android sine the OG Droid and now with my Nexus 7, there are a lot of things that I just don't need the UI to do for me, though I do like having access to menus from each screen. As he said, it's not bad, and easy enough to adjust to. Since the camera is the last thing I look for in a device, I haven't used it yet. Oh well, I'll get around to it sometime. :happy3:

I love the fit, form, and screen ........ and since I immediately slapped on a silicone case, the plastic cover doesn't bother me. In my book, the only thing that could make this device better would be having the Google Edition. You've got a winner Samsung, and have a convert with me. :hail:

• Like Like x 1
  10. steeletown

steeletown Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Coming from a S3 to the S4 I didn't expect much of difference between the two handsets, but I must say the overall performance of the S4 is great. It is much faster and smoother then my S3 that I had a custom rom on. I have not experienced any of the lag that others have complained about and the camera takes absolutely gorgeous pictures.

11. droidworld

droidworld Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Phones have evolved. They pretty much do everything and each year we keep adding and nit picking

12. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12

Try SwiftKey. You'll like it better.

Search tags for this page
does the s4 talk and surf
download multiple images from verizon cloud

download multiple pictures from verizon cloud

downloading multiple pictures from verizon cloud