s4 first impressions

Tankwylde

Reaction score
I love this bad boy. I am not a fan of the keyboard. I guess I will have to get used to it. It has done very well with all that I have thrown at it. Decent battery, killer screen, fantastic camera, and very smooth.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Thrilled so far! Powers up fast, charges fast, runs super fast and smooth, awesome camera, and battery seems really good so far too! Haven't played with all the features but loving it so far, couldn't be happier!

Lol thank you some excitement

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
If you have a bionic now, which I just upgraded from, you will love the s4...the battery is 10X better and charges super fast...the only thing I miss about the bionic were the smart actions, which didnt even work correctly after the last update...I will never go back to Motorola after the fiasco with the bionic and how they left us in the dark for so long with the ICS and jelly bean updates...i dont see how u would not like this phone if youve had a bionic...if you disagree please let me know...I would love to hear why

I have to listen to a fellow bionic owner. I am ready to ditch this phone for sure. I been think s4 or the dreadful name iphone 5

Faithlly

Reaction score
Coming from a bionic,love this phone. Was ready to throw the bionic at the wall! The screen on the S4 is so much better and clear and more vibrant. Definitely faster and smoother and no lag. Think I'm done with Motorola.

Sent from my Samsung S4

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Coming from a bionic,love this phone. Was ready to throw the bionic at the wall! The screen on the S4 is so much better and clear and more vibrant. Definitely faster and smoother and no lag. Think I'm done with Motorola.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Yea i think you are done too hahaha

djsiva

Reaction score
I'm happy with it but definitely like the size of my Note2 better. The screen on the S4 is absolutely amazing but I'm not overly impressed with the processor. After having both the Note2 and the S4, I can say that Exynos > Qualcomm.

Reaction score
I came from a Razr Maxx. The phone initially blew me away and I immediately purchased the S4. Overall, I am impressed with the phone. I honestly thought the battery would suck, being used to a Maxx, but i'm satisfied with it. I wish the casing was stronger like the Moto's, but sacrifices have to be made. The one thing that puzzles me is the motion, in our VZ store we had a Samsung rep come in and show his AT&T version of the S4 and the motion was outstanding...I can't get mine to do that at all. Gallery view motion works, that's it :( I've researched it and still can't figure out why. Ah well, Still a great phone!

gmhyman

Reaction score
Battery life: not as good as my Droid Razr Maxx
Voice recognition- terrible
Multipicture live wallpaper doesn't work
fast
call quality good
Google play automagically download every app I've ever had, lots of garbage to remove
Verizon cloud is lame - can't download multiple photos from my stored stuff

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
fast
call quality good
Google play automagically download every app I've ever had, lots of garbage to remove

well you sound like a unhappy camper

djsiva

Reaction score
fast
call quality good

Google Play only downloads all apps if you sign in at initial setup, and it's that way on all phones. Skip it there and add it when you open the Play Store the first time.

cbrmike

Reaction score

Sent from my Samsung S4

Agreed This phone is light years ahead of the Bionic,I got mine yesterday and it's a great phone.The Bionic was good for what it was but dated.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I think a lot of people got a bad taste in their mouth when Motorola took forever getting the Bionic out and then released the Razr right on it's heals. Not to mention FOREVER in getting updates rolled out. I'm probably done with them too.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I think a lot of people got a bad taste in their mouth when Motorola took forever getting the Bionic out and then released the Razr right on it's heals. Not to mention FOREVER in getting updates rolled out. I'm probably done with them too.

Im done with moto too. Was nice but change is better

jstwondrng

Reaction score
If you have a bionic now, which I just upgraded from, you will love the s4...the battery is 10X better and charges super fast...the only thing I miss about the bionic were the smart actions, which didnt even work correctly after the last update...I will never go back to Motorola after the fiasco with the bionic and how they left us in the dark for so long with the ICS and jelly bean updates...i dont see how u would not like this phone if youve had a bionic...if you disagree please let me know...I would love to hear why

oh I agree. I just upgraded to the S4 from the Bionic and I couldn't be any happier. This phone rocks! And, I am definitely on the same page in regards to Motorola phones... I can honestly say, I doubt I'll ever go back. The way they handled the Bionic, really put a bad taste in my mouth. Samsung has it going on. I can see why it was rated Best Smartphone.

J

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Former Bionic user here. Enjoyed it, and never had any real issues with mine, however, the S4 has taken things (for me) to another level.

First off, I haven't had any issues with the Samsung radios for data, texting, etc., and phone calls have been crystal clear. After tooling around with the air gestures, I've shut them off (pretty much as I figured I would). They're cute, but not something I would lean on for function, especially since touching and manipulating the device is so easy. As for TouchWiz, a writer at Drippler put it best "TouchWiz isn't bad, it's just unnecessary." Having loved basic Android sine the OG Droid and now with my Nexus 7, there are a lot of things that I just don't need the UI to do for me, though I do like having access to menus from each screen. As he said, it's not bad, and easy enough to adjust to. Since the camera is the last thing I look for in a device, I haven't used it yet. Oh well, I'll get around to it sometime. :happy3:

I love the fit, form, and screen ........ and since I immediately slapped on a silicone case, the plastic cover doesn't bother me. In my book, the only thing that could make this device better would be having the Google Edition. You've got a winner Samsung, and have a convert with me. :hail: