Anyone switch to HTC one from s4?

jamjr74

Reaction score
Just got the s4 yesterday but was torn between s4 and HTC one. S4 is nice but I'm drawn to design of HTC. Any thoughts? Thou k the HTC is also a bit narrower which might be better for me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
No one??? lol.... Well I now have the S4 and the HTC one and am giving both a test run before I make my final choice. Both are great phones. I had the S3 since launch and the S4 is definitely better but it still is very similar and doesnt fell like I really got a new device, lol. Htc one is a solid phone and the design is beautiful. Battery life is comparable on both devices but seems a little better on the HTC which is good because it is not removable. Screens are both great. I do like the slightly narrower feel of the HTC as I do not have the largest hands. Well 14 days to play with them and one goes back.

DevonM

Reaction score
I've played with the S4 a lot more than the One, but I have to say the only thing I really like about the One is the speaker setup. I'm not a fan of the metal design surprisingly enough. That stuff feels great for a little while when playing with it but I wouldn't want that to be "my device" that I always have with me.
I was using my friend's S4 last night for a few hours to set up stuff for him and try various things, and the only issue I had was the reach from holding it near the bottom and trying to slide down the notification pane. And I guess just the reach in general, shifting hand position; but that's because I'm used to a much smaller phone and I don't think it will be a problem once I get mine and adjust to it.
I think if the S4 had a similar speaker setup to the One it would probably be nearly the best it could be. Though I've also thought that the large and loud speakers could maybe be a bit of an annoyance in some situations.

So I don't really see any reason to get the One over the S4, unless you for some reason absolutely must have a metal frame, and if the speakers are that important. I would imagine the speakers wouldn't matter too much with the ability to use headphones though. And the faster processor, newer OS, and larger screen on the S4 seem more important.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I myself would never buy a phone with no removable battery and no micro SD card slot, once the wow factor runs out on that metal body HTC One, and real functionality kicks in, what do you do when you don't have enough space for your high resolution movies and high resolution music, also what do you do when that non removable battery starts losing it's holding power, or just goes bad, no way to change it. Sorry if I am going to be tied down to a phone for two years it better have those two features.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I had a client the other day who wanted to turn off their Razr and they literally couldn't. The phone was going incredibly slow and she wanted to restart it but the power button itself was messed up and when it did work the menu would lag out or something. She basically had to just keep trying the same stuff until she eventually got it...maybe 3-5 minutes later. What a hassle. Not to mention the performance benefits doing the occasional battery pull offers...

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
Good points made guys. The sd card is a huge point for me too. I also notice the call quality to be way better on the S4. It is a phone too after all! Guess the HTC is going back!

themuttt

Reaction score
for the price of going from the 16 to 32 gig S4, you can buy and slap in a 64G SD card. Not going to be able to do that on the One

MTsang

Reaction score
The HTC one does look better to me than the S4, but I would choose the S4 over the one for the two major key points. A removable battery & SD card slot is a must have for me. A bigger screen is another plus for me even though I got small hands. Painfully waiting for my preorder S4 w/Verizon since 4/25, hopefully I get it before the end of May!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried the HTC One out for awhile and absolutely loved it - it's a truly awesome device. However, the S4 wins out in a few key areas for me, so I'm sticking with that for now. Can't go wrong with either one!

themuttt

Reaction score
after the short shelf life of the Facebook phone, I think even more questions need to be brought up about HTC. I just can't see how the company can be trusted anymore, I want to deal with the more stable company

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I bought a Droid DNA in early April due to the good reviews, great screen & $99 price. I was sure the VZW would come out within the 60 days I had to exchange the DNA (BB Silver Reward Zone Perk) so I took the leap. I do like the DNA & never having used Sense before didn't require too much getting used to. But, the S4 has the same screen resolution, a little better processor & more importantly SD Card & removable battery. I'm hoping that sooner than later a work around is made available without root so that apps can be downloaded to the SD Card on the S4. I've never had a Samsung smartphone before but played around enough with S3's & Note 2's to see they make fine devices.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
Update: Well I sent my S4 back and stayed with the HTC One! S4 was nice but I actually preferred my S3! The S3 felt better in the hand to me and although the S4 is smaller (allegedly) it felt bigger to me and in the end was too big for my liking. I use 3rd party launchers so HTC sence or Touchwiz really dont matter to me as I prefer a more vanilla android experience. S4 software had the edge but not by much and a lot of the features I would not have used anyway. I'll ride the HTC til I see what the S5 has to offer. Either way both are amazing devices!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Let us know how the battery life is compared to your S3 or S4!!!