s4 first impressions

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I picked mine up yesterday at 6 and have spent about 3 hours setting up & playing around. So far so good. This is my first Samsung, had Moto up to RAZR. Upgraded to DNA & exchanged it for the S4. I do like how much lighter it is than the DNA was. Moto, Sense, Touchwiz... I'm no power user or developer so though I see some differences between them but nothing to the degree of saying I hate any of them...

themuttt

Reaction score
only been a few days but it hasn't started trying to burn a hole in my pocket like the Bionic liked to do every so often. I think it's a huge step forward from the Bionic, but it should be considering it's 2 years newer

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
only been a few days but it hasn't started trying to burn a hole in my pocket like the Bionic liked to do every so often. I think it's a huge step forward from the Bionic, but it should be considering it's 2 years newer

That's so true my bionic is always running hot. From what I'm hearing the s4 sounds like a good upgrade considering what i have but doesn't have that wow factor like maybe the s3 had.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

themuttt

Reaction score
That's so true my bionic is always running hot. From what I'm hearing the s4 sounds like a good upgrade considering what i have but doesn't have that wow factor like maybe the s3 had.

I can use my son's iphone to swipe screens on the S4, try that on the S3 ;)

themuttt

Reaction score
I'm not understanding that. Is that a feature that necessary?

well not using the iphone but being able to wear regular gloves and still work the phone is for me. My Jeep is rather cold early in the morning in winter

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
well not using the iphone but being able to wear regular gloves and still work the phone is for me. My Jeep is rather cold early in the morning in winter

Oh i see. Well i guess that's not beneficial to me but a nice added piece element for you for sure.

themuttt

Reaction score
Oh i see. Well i guess that's not beneficial to me but a nice added piece element for you for sure.

that stupid thing really drew me to the S4 when I first heard about it

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
that stupid thing really drew me to the S4 when I first heard about it

I wish it was that easy for me. I'm thinking of waiting this one out

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Out of curiosity, what specifically are you looming for in a new device? Compared to the Bionic, the S4 seems light years ahead. For instance:
Processor - 1.9ghz quad core Snapdragon 600 (OK, so it's not Doc Oc, but it's pretty damn snappy)
Display - 5" HD Super Amoled (which looks fantastic)
Camera - 13MP rear facing (not a big deal for me since I don't take many photos, however, for those who care it's supposed to be phenomenal)
Battery - 2600mAh (by most accounts, there's enough juice to get a moderate to heavy user through the day, and it's removable)
Micro SD card slot - check
Build quality - seems solid, though the plastic is admittedly a matter of personal preference. I've used a silicone/gel case on all my devices
Call quality and signal - both are very good (at least in the St. Louis area)

This covers the biggies. TouchWiz, Sense, Blur ........ all variants around the same android base.

Or, are you thinking that something earth shaking is coming in a couple of months. Always will with the way technology is advancing. Just comes down to what you're looking for, and which device features the most of those characteristics.

Seeing as the Bionic has gotten me through 20 months, the S4 should easily duplicate that feat.:biggrin:

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
are you thinking that something earth shaking is coming in a couple of months. Always will with the way technology is advancing. Just comes down to what you're looking for, and which device features the most of those characteristics.

Seeing as the Bionic has gotten me through 20 months, the S4 should easily duplicate that feat.:biggrin:

Your right. I guess i am waiting for that "next big thing" lol. But seeing that the bionic is 2 years behind that should be a no brainer right

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I don't really hear people being too excited about this phone yet. Just a lot of how to questions

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Thrilled so far! Powers up fast, charges fast, runs super fast and smooth, awesome camera, and battery seems really good so far too! Haven't played with all the features but loving it so far, couldn't be happier!

y0yoyo

Reaction score
If you have a bionic now, which I just upgraded from, you will love the s4...the battery is 10X better and charges super fast...the only thing I miss about the bionic were the smart actions, which didnt even work correctly after the last update...I will never go back to Motorola after the fiasco with the bionic and how they left us in the dark for so long with the ICS and jelly bean updates...i dont see how u would not like this phone if youve had a bionic...if you disagree please let me know...I would love to hear why