s4 first impressions

droidworld

Reaction score
What are your thoughts? Great phone,good, just ok.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jstwondrng

Reaction score
What are your thoughts? Great phone,good, just ok.......

I just got mine this morning on the Verizon network. So far (granted I haven't had much time to play with it) I'm loving the new phone. Screen is fantastic and the speed is amazing! Looking forward to really getting into it.

J

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Still contemplating. I guess anything is better than what i have

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
HD movies are amazing; everyone I've shown a 1080p Big Bang episode that I have on the SD card has to be careful of any flies buzzing into their mouth. The air view gestures should be called air gimmicks (imho and flame shields activated). Hopefully firm/software upgrades will help. Eye tracking is hit or miss; see previous statement about upgrades. I bought it for the display and I'm very tickled with it. Battery seems better that my Bionic, but it WAS getting on the anemic side of things. Amazing how phones start going down hill after about 2 years. Sometimes I swear that ma bell sends out some kinda signal. :) Love the feel, size, wieght and thiness and the best part to me is the very small bezel around the screen; it's ALL screen.

My wife called and said she took the case off her iPhone; she liked that I was keeping mine naked. LOL

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Screen: great
Speed: great
Signal: good
Battery Life: good

All positives for me so far.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Battery seems better that my Bionic, but it WAS getting on the anemic side of things. Amazing how phones start going down hill after about 2 years. Sometimes I swear that ma bell sends out some kinda signal. :)

Well I'm not excited to hear that you are comparing the battery a tad bit better than the bionic because that's not a huge leap forward. Your right on about phones somehow losing its quality within the 2 years.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Well I'm not excited to hear that you are comparing the battery a tad bit better than the bionic because that's not a huge leap forward. Your right on about phones somehow losing its quality within the 2 years.

"seems better" not "tad bit"
I haven't had it long enough yet, but I do know that I had stopped using and even removing a lot of stuff from my Bionic so it would make it till I got home after work. I've been using "playing with" my S4 a lot today and it's still half full. I think the key to any cell phone battery life is keeping the display as dim as you can and still see it OK.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
"seems better" not "tad bit"
I haven't had it long enough yet, but I do know that I had stopped using and even removing a lot of stuff from my Bionic so it would make it till I got home after work. I've been using "playing with" my S4 a lot today and it's still half full. I think the key to any cell phone battery life is keeping the display as dim as you can and still see it OK.

I guess im saying i expected more in terms of the battery

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I guess im saying i expected more in terms of the battery

I think you'll be happy. I'm just checked; 38% remaining after 13 hrs of use (pretty heavy use being a new toy).

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I think you'll be happy. I'm just checked; 38% remaining after 13 hrs of use (pretty heavy use being a new toy).

Thanks. Just doing my homework weighing the pros and cons

steeletown

Reaction score
So I read unlike the S3 you can not talk and surf the web on 3G with the S4. I drive for work and I used that alot.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
So I read unlike the S3 you can not talk and surf the web on 3G with the S4. I drive for work and I used that alot.

That would be a letdown. I'm hoping that he's wrong