Rumor Revisited: Moto Nexus/Droid 3?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid 3 is more than likely the Solana......Yeah I'm going to put that out there : )
Thats depressing if it is... We have no specs. :( only the fact that its a slider which is cool but i wanna have some more info. Maybe that new nvidea quadcore! dreaming right? Id happily give up my d1 for that.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Droid 3 is more than likely the Solana......Yeah I'm going to put that out there : )
Thats depressing if it is... We have no specs. :( only the fact that its a slider which is cool but i wanna have some more info. Maybe that new nvidea quadcore! dreaming right? Id happily give up my d1 for that.
Doesn't have the Tegra 2 but beyond that I have no information. Perhaps it will have the new TI OMAP4 Dual core? I don't know.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The next gen of Moto phones is getting me very depressed.
Seems like the Droid line is getting shackled for some reason.

Sent from somewhere...

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Shackled is right. Great gods I love the hardware but stop [mod edit] blocking me on the bootloader. Jeez! I paid for it, its mine now!!

DX Liberty 1.5 ftw!

Last edited by a moderator:

abadbronc

Reaction score
What's the wrist strap for? Does it stop you from throwing it at the wall when you find out it's got a locked bootloader?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
A blocked bootloader would be completely against the nexus 3. Unforunatly, it would be on par with the D3...darn the D2! I really hope its unlocked. Either way still not sure my next phone will be moto. I might be headed to HTC. Blur hype is too scary for my taste. My D1 will last a good while, hopefully i shall have better options in a couple more months. And if the nexus 3 did comeout by moto with unlocked boot, with TI OMAP4 Dual core id be a very happy man. That would be a good upgrade from the D1.

solar

Reaction score
I could do without the wrist strap. That little protrusion would make sure it fit oddly in all kinds holsters, etc. I would also dig a darker color, though it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Though lack of dual core or LTE might be...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
any more rumors/info on this?? SO tired of the TB fiasco - would really like to hear about a new D3/Nexus! ;)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
any more rumors/info on this?? SO tired of the TB fiasco - would really like to hear about a new D3/Nexus! ;)

You and me both. Ive still got a D1 but will gladly update if their is a Nexus/D3. Hopefully it comes out around the time that the D1 did. If it is in the works that is....not a whole lot of confirmation to think this is truthful yet.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the thunderbolt has been handled with great professionalism. Good job htc and vzw.... yeah if new of this escalate before the thunderbolt releases I may have to join you guys.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if something was going to release in July/Aug to compete with iP5, i would think that we would have started to hear some more rumors by now. so, i think ILMG might be right - we could be looking at a fall release. if that's the case, i hope my phone starts to like the D1 GB roms better... but i'm still pretty amped at the thought of a D3/Nexus - c'mooooooon unlocked bootloader!!!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've always had a preference for a pkb. BUT, i'd drop that preference like 3rd period French* if this was an open/Nexus device! that thing is damn sexy!!!

*CK, since you're so fond of movie references, which one is that from??? :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima play advocate and say it WILL not be unlocked. I may be wrong but I just think it was a concept device and will be come the droid x2. The Bionic is LTE so no need to have an LTE droidx that would be a waste of money. And I doubt motorola will be going unlocked/ pure android again for awhile. They put it out there for us with the xoom and right now the xoom is getting its tale handed to it by the fruit. At this point by Christmas I could probably get a Xoom for 400 bucks and 249.99 if i wait for the after Christmas sale.