[Rumor] LG Nexus to Launch Oct 29, and Some High Quality Pics Leak of the Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-nexus-hq-pics-2-small.png

Here's today's ubiquitous LG E960 Nexus phone rumor of the day. Supposedly, the phone is scheduled to launch in some markets on October 29th. Additionally, some new pics of the device have leaked, and these are much higher quality than the last two batches. In these shots the phone is directly compared to the new iPhone 5, and gives the phone a bit more scale and context. These phones also go a long way toward validating the voluminous rumors we have heard over the past couple of weeks.

lg-nexus-hq-pics-4-small.png

There were quite a few pics and we only included a couple of them here. To see the rest hit up this link: New LG Nexus High Quality Pics

Source: Onliner

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Reminds me of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G. Not liking the aesthetics at all.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Reminds me of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G. Not liking the aesthetics at all.

I agree. I was hoping for some design difference with Samsung not doing it. Then again this is LG. They tend to look like Samsung phones.

Still though, this is IMO a very unattractive device. The front is a dead ringer for the Galaxy NEXUS and the back is just ugly.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I immediately thought that was a Galaxy Nexus, which I own by the way, up until I actually read the article xD. C'mon, LG, you can be more creative than that.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Not big on the bezel personally. I always thought that one of the ideas behind moving towards on screen buttons was to use more of the vertical real estate. I mean, if you took the chin off my Bionic, it'd have less of a bezel than this device. Maybe they need the room for the internals? Dunno. I'd rather it be slightly thicker than have a big, useless bezel to keep it thin.

As to the rest of the design? Meh. I enjoyed the looks of the Galaxy Nexus. This phone have just seems dull. And with a bedazzled-esque backing. Woo...

And don't get me started on the storage capacity. I like to throw a handful of music (320 rating), gba/snes roms and a movie or three on my devices for when I have to be in airplane mode or an area with a weak connection. Can't do that with 8 gigs. And sixteen? Well, that's what I currently have in my Bionic. It has less than two gigs still available, and there are no movies on it.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Not big on the bezel personally. I always thought that one of the ideas behind moving towards on screen buttons was to use more of the vertical real estate. I mean, if you took the chin off my Bionic, it'd have less of a bezel than this device. Maybe they need the room for the internals? Dunno. I'd rather it be slightly thicker than have a big, useless bezel to keep it thin.

As to the rest of the design? Meh. I enjoyed the looks of the Galaxy Nexus. This phone have just seems dull. And with a bedazzled-esque backing. Woo...

And don't get me started on the storage capacity. I like to throw a handful of music (320 rating), gba/snes roms and a movie or three on my devices for when I have to be in airplane mode or an area with a weak connection. Can't do that with 8 gigs. And sixteen? Well, that's what I currently have in my Bionic. It has less than two gigs still available, and there are no movies on it.

Yeah, I would never purchase a smartphone with only 8GB on it. In fact, I don't ever want one with less than 32 GB. I love the storage space on my Galaxy Nexus, and I had a 32GB microsd in my previous Thunderbolt as well.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it: the LG Optimus G is all kinds of sexy. Why make this variant so bleh? The look of this and the Galaxy Nexus are boring.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I thought Nexus devices were suppose to all follow a similar design theme: aestetically pleasing, but not to flashy. Look at this Wikipedia article: Google Nexus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediafor an example of what I mean.

One of the great things about the Android platform (IMO) is that our phones look different from manufacturer to manufacturer. The razr doesn't look like a Galaxy phone and a Galaxy phone doesn't look like a One X.

Personally, I'd like to see the Nexus take on its own styling. As of now the Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, and whatever this Nexus is all look like Samsung Galaxy phones.

Some creative diversity would would be. This isn't Apple.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I would be more than disappointed if every Nexus phone looked like the Galaxy Nexus. It's not a design I'm fond of at all.

MIUI tested, mother approved.