[Rumor] More Moto Nexus/Moto S Details Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-nexus-shamu-leak-1.png

This latest rumor is a bit dubious, yet it is interesting enough to share despite that. Some new details have supposedly leaked for the Motorola Shamu device. This time we have some fairly detailed specs, but that is also what makes the leak dubious.

The intel suggests the device will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, which is the first we have heard of the chip. Here's the full spec-list:
  • 5.85-inch 1080P HD IPS Display with Gorilla Glass 3
  • 2.89GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 at 800MHz
  • Android 5.0 L
  • 13MP Rear camera
  • 3MP front camera
  • GSM, CDMA and LTE radios
  • 32GB and 64GB Storage variants
Take this one with a grain of salt, but we will keep a vigilant eye for anymore details. Check out the rest of the pics in the thread below.

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are those additional leaked spec pics of the Moto Shamu:

moto-nexus-shamu-leak-1.png

moto-nexus-shamu-leak-2.png

moto-nexus-shamu-leak-3.png

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have $1100 set aside the wife has already approved for a new phone and tablet. I need these rumors to materialize into something I can throw my hard-ish earned money at.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep... just a little while longer...

realged13

Reaction score
The sooner the better. I just tried to go back to stock on my Razr Maxx (CM11) and now I am stuck at a fastboot mode.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have $1100 set aside the wife has already approved for a new phone and tablet. I need these rumors to materialize into something I can throw my hard-ish earned money at.

My friend I sure hope you will not need any where near that to buy the phone. $1100 and no matter how much I want a Nexus ill have to tell Google where they can stic.....

5.85 I hope it has very little bezel. And My concern is going to be that Moto camera as it appears to fail in low light. Other than that so far Im sitting here enjoying the ride.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
$1100 is for the new Nexus phone and tablet. I gave my wife my Nexus 7 (2013), so I am tablet-less right now.

droidspynet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3(Verizon)
This rumor sounds a little too good to be true, but if it is true I'm all over it! Been thinking about the N6 as my next upgrade and a surprise Snapdragon 810 appearance would be icing on the cake! Does that mean it will be 64bit? And why would it be 1080p and not QHD with such a large screen and advanced chip?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jakenader123

Reaction score
It is 64 bit but that's not relevant now. Its the fact that the 810 uses 20 nm manufacturing processes which reduces heat and uses less power. Also quad HD is useless, unless you use vr. Why waste the graphics of the beast on something that looks the same as 1080p.

droidspynet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3(Verizon)
It is 64 bit but that's not relevant now. Its the fact that the 810 uses 20 nm manufacturing processes which reduces heat and uses less power. Also quad HD is useless, unless you use vr. Why waste the graphics of the beast on something that looks the same as 1080p.
I do agree about the QHD being useless and unnecessary but I would still be suprised. If nothing else, just because the other flagships right now mostly have QHD... wouldn't matter to me though. 1080p is more than adequate for my needs.

As for the SOC... yeah, 20nm sounds good to me! Haha. Anything that will give it extra battery life is a plus to me. We'll see if this turns out to be true, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers!