[Rumor] Two Sets of Pics Leak for the LG Optimus Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-nexus-pics-set-1-number-1-small.jpeg
lg-nexus-pics-set-2-number-1-small.jpeg

This morning we have a treat for you guys. Just last night two sets of pics leaked that are supposedly of the new LG Optimus Nexus device. These pics go a long way toward confirming all the previous rumors, but we still are calling this a rumor until we see something official. Of course, the rumors are coming in "hot and heavy" now, so it is looking pretty legit. This LG device supposedly has the internal name "mako" and the model number, E960. This model number matches one of the FCC rumors from last week. Also, the "mako" name fits in with the shark naming convention of previous Nexus phones.

One other interesting thing to note about these pics is that the version of Android on the device shows up as Android 4.1.2, and not Android 4.2, as previous rumors suggested. Obviously, this does not necessarily mean that the Android 4.2 version will show up on the final device, but we will have to sait and see. Luckily we don't have long to wait because we should probably know something by the end of the month. As always we will keep you apprised.

Because there were so many pics, we only included two of them in this post, but to see this rest, check out this link here: Several Pics Emerge of the Rumored LG Nexus Phone

Source: AndroidPolice and TalkAndroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The back is interesting.

npro1464

Reaction score
If the specs on this phone are correct, it will be a beast. But I don't know if I'll be able to get over the glittery back and that huge, unnecessary bezel which makes it just about the size of the Note II. Add in the fact it doesn't have a removable battery or an sd card slot, I might just get a GSIII or Note II after all (depending on if there are other Nexuses yet to come).

I'm coining the term "Disco Nexus." You heard it here first :biggrin:

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Looking at the first picture of the front of the device. I see it and think iPhone. If they get away with it without getting sued, I would be shocked.:blink:

bluefire7002

Reaction score
The way this looks goes totally against what that one Google employee described last week. I remember he said the back was going to have the nexus symbol

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill say it again,dont be surprised if Samsung is the only maker of the Nexus with a removable batt.Now,back to topic,that 8,16gig cant be rite.If it's true,my vote will be to crucify Google and let barabas go.:saint: