[Rumor] Motorola Targa May Be first Tegra Kal-El Quad-Core Phone

EgooEspada

Reaction score
They may also be going after the power users /business sector. RIM has very little to no competion so there is room for them. Android does have it's limitations and I could see Motorola going after that demographic. They did try with the droid pro. Pure speculation of course but nobody really knows what they have in store. They did say they were not going to abandon Android though.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

I see I'm not the only one who believes RIM is the main target to go for. RIM pretty much has a huge cooperate market share up for grabs. You take that away, you're deep in the playing field. Great strategy that if Motorola prevails at will put them in the top three. Of course, I don't know what they're doing, so it's all speculation. :)

Sent from my Droid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Confrence table at Motorola Mobilities Headquarters, Libertyville, Illinois:

monkey_office.jpg

Mirodd

Reaction score
It seems like they're going for their own OS to rival Android.
That scares me more than it excites me. Moto has never been good at writing software. They should have bought Palm when they had the chance.

shaun.ober

Reaction score
This is totally possible, the PSP2 has a quad processor in it so its not that far off other devices have this kind of Technology. I just recieved my fifth droid 1 like new replacement and turned down the early upgrade to wait for the Targa

52brandon

Reaction score
My D1 runs like a boss on CM7 but the lack of RAM is getting super annoying. Even with compcache, eventually things stop working and you have to reset to make the phone usable again. My rooted Nook Color is running faster and more stable than my D1 because of it has 512 MB of RAM.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I just want to throw it against the wall. If it had 512mb of ram I'd be so happy right now.
my droid has been running like a champ on CM7, compcache is turned all the way up, as is VM heap size. Running prime's deprimed kernel at a custom 1100mhz ULV setting. Also have link2sd setup and used auto memory manager to keep handcent (my preferred SMS app) always alive. I use cache cleaner ng to automatically clean my cache every night while I sleep. No need to reboot and keeps me happy enough to wait for a kal-el phone for my upgrade
lol, how things change in a week (as I'm waiting for my thunderbolt to reboot with a new ROM). Decided against waiting and hopung it wouldn't be locked down and that 4G wouldnt be tiered, I hopped on the most DEV friendly device on VZW since the D1

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Ok need some help Droid Bionic or Targa? Is this phone really coming out? Release dates?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Targa will be out by the end of the year. It will be blurless meaning google experience device likely. Unencrypted bootloader and all around awesome phone.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Targa Questions

What is the bump on the back of the Targa? Camera, or maybe extended battery?
Would it be safe to assume it will be 4G?
Do we know anything about the screen resolution?
Is there another version of the Targa going to AT&T or possibly over seas first?

Thanks

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the bump on the back of the Targa? Camera, or maybe extended battery?
Would it be safe to assume it will be 4G?
Do we know anything about the screen resolution?
Is there another version of the Targa going to AT&T or possibly over seas first?

Thanks

Looks to be a camera bump, it's probably going to be 4G, probably qHD, and who knows.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Targa will be out by the end of the year. It will be blurless meaning google experience device likely. Unencrypted bootloader and all around awesome phone.

Source confirming?

Yes, please source us. You say by the end of the year yet many many times it's been reiterated that no Android Q4 phones have been leaked yet by sound sources. So that should place the Tegra in Q3 at the latest.