Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Rumor has it that Motorola is working on an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich-powered tablet with a 4:3 aspect ratio, similar to that of the iPad. Fusible was able to dig up some hidden info on this gem, and judging by Motorola’s recent purchase of the MotorolaKore.com, KoreMotorola.com, Moto-kore.com, MotoKore.com and Motorola-Kore.com domains, we can guess that this device will be called the Motorala Kore.

While it isn’t yet clear, speculation is that this may be one of the first tablets to ship with NVIDIA’s Kal-El Quad-Core processor, and that Moto will likely market around those “kores”. XOOM’s sales have been less than impressive, shipping just 250,000 units in its first quarter, so we can understand why they might drop that moniker.

[via bgr] & Motorola “Kore” Could be Manufacturer’s First Kal-El Quad-Core

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No offense to Motorola (you'll have to pry my Droid from my cold, dead hands!) but I've heard so much bad press on the Xoom. It just flopped, first because of the cost (esp. relative to the Asus Transformer and Acer Iconia), second because of the design problems (e.g., sdcard, 3g, etc.), and third because it's big and clunky.

I don't think Kal-El or any other super-hero is going to pull out a winning tab for Motorola. To work--at a minimum--MSRP has to come down down down, and it needs to be thin and sexy like the Galaxy.

OH, and didn't Motorola hear? Google chose to go to the prom in 2012 with TI, not NVidia.

-Matt

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I think that if the rumors end up being right about it, it will be a viable option and also, like you said, the price needs to drastically be reduced...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense to Motorola (you'll have to pry my Droid from my cold, dead hands!) but I've heard so much bad press on the Xoom. It just flopped, first because of the cost (esp. relative to the Asus Transformer and Acer Iconia), second because of the design problems (e.g., sdcard, 3g, etc.), and third because it's big and clunky.

I don't think Kal-El or any other super-hero is going to pull out a winning tab for Motorola. To work--at a minimum--MSRP has to come down down down, and it needs to be thin and sexy like the Galaxy.

OH, and didn't Motorola hear? Google chose to go to the prom in 2012 with TI, not NVidia.

-Matt

Motorola needs to read this posts....seriously.

Whats really odd is them using Tegra...when they switched back to OMAP for the Droid 3 and Bionic...its moves like this that has ppl questioning what are they doing....unless their in house LTE chip works with Tegra.

If not....trying to be the first out the gate with a quad core Android tablet must be more important.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To be fair, I remember seeing an early video of the Xoom with a demo of Honeycomb running on it. And EVERYBODY drooled and wanted it. Maybe that was January. And there was even some intriguing press that the Xoom was Google's preferred development Android device for HC. I also seem to remember that this relationship caused delays for other tab developers who wanted access to HC.

So, on paper it looked like Motorola had positioned themselves well, with a headstart over the competition (just like it does with Kal-El). But somehow between CES and June, a boatload of other BETTER tablet options appeared, making the Xoom look outclassed. I'm still rooting for Motorola (slowly making plans to get the D3), and I'd hate to see that happen again.

-Matt

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Posted on www.xoomforums.com

Motorola KORE outed as iPod Nano-like wearable fitness device

Motorola KORE outed as iPod Nano-like wearable fitness device

Earlier this week, the Android tablet rumor mill was abuzz with talk that some Motorola domain name registrations had revealed the name of its successor to the Xoom. Centered around the name Motorola KORE, those acquisitions have now been shown to apply to an entirely different kind of gadget.

Thanks to some information spotted in a trademark filing, the Motorola KORE instead looks to be the name of a small, wearable fitness device that was first seen floating around the web at the end of July. Following in the footsteps of souped-up watches like the Nike+ SportWatch and Garmin Forerunner, the KORE will pack a variety of fitness functions and media playback kung-fu into a sexy little package about the same size as an iPod Nano.

The name MotoActive also surfaced, though it’s possible that could be applied to a wider range of devices — and that the KORE is the company’s first offering in the MotoActive line-up.

While no specs have been revealed yet, it’s all but certain that the KORE will at the very least pack a touchscreen and GPS radio for tracking your runs, walks, and bike rides. As many third-party accessory makers have done for the iPod Nano, there will also be a wristband attachment, and it would make sense for there to be a miniUSB port to allow charging and data transfer to and from the KORE. Bluetooth would also be welcome, particularly if there’s a MotoActive app in the works that lets us analyze our activities on a slightly larger screen.

More at Fusible

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hate to say it....but if it really is iPod Nano like...expect a lawsuit...

iPod Nano as in you wear it on your wrist.

Totally different devices.
Maybe Shuffle? I forgot...does the Shuffle have a screen now?

marware-shuffle-2g-wrist.jpg

-Matt