NVIDA CEO Brags AbouT Kal-El Quad Core

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
kal-el.jpg

When you make ground-breaking hardware you get the chance to brag about it once in a while; well that's just what NVIDIA's CEO did after reporting a significant quarterly gain. Today, NVIDIA reported a profit of $151.6 million compared to a loss of $141 million in the year-earlier period. Revenue surged 25 percent to $1.02 billion.

This growth is most-likely assisted by Google's support for their Tegra 2 processor in their tablets and their PC graphics card market. After this information was released the CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang, said the next processor will actually offer you better performance and use less power than the current generation Tegra 2 processor. The CEO was quoted saying that, "Kal-El is so much better performance than Tegra 2. And so much lower power. Very few people have internalized that Kal-El is lower power in every use case compared to Tegra 2." Kal-El is due later this year.

If you remember back to just last week, Google replaced Nvidia with Texas Instruments as their provider for Android 4.0 chipsets. Some might assume that Nvidia and Google aren't doing too well as partners, but that's not the case at all. Nvidia's CEO touched on the matter by saying; "We've made very, very large investments in the Google operating system. And we have a great working relationship with [Google]. As soon as the next-generation Kal-El processor goes into production we can run like the wind."

At the end of the day, we aren't going to be sure who will run with Nvidia or play along with Texas Instruments. After reading these quotes from the CEO, better battery life and performance, I actually would rather have quad core from Nvidia than dual core from TI.

Any thoughts?

Via: CNET

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Cant wait for a quad core phone. I game so much as it is I'll never be able to put the thing down!

EFGantry

Reaction score
not really geeked about quad cores for phones right now - seems to be a little overkill. BUT, i really like the thought of a quad core tablet. if Moto comes thru with one close to end of the year/very beginning of '12, i'm all over it!