ASUS to Bring 3D Quad-Core Android Tablets to Market This Year

Big Ry

Reaction score
I just bought an Asus laptop with quad-core i7. This tablet would go nicely with it :)

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Also as i have metioned in prior posts tablets were around way before the ipad came out. Ipad just redesigned tablets and made people want them. Look at this one that is built more towards IPads redesign of the tablets and is running windows 7 Eee Slate EP121 with Core i5 CPU i5 Processor, 4GB of ram... now what laptop out there can that not compete with?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Also as i have metioned in prior posts tablets were around way before the ipad came out. Ipad just redesigned tablets and made people want them. Look at this one that is built more towards IPads redesign of the tablets and is running windows 7 Eee Slate EP121 with Core i5 CPU i5 Processor, 4GB of ram... now what laptop out there can that not compete with?
Mine :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I don't know, I kind of like my quad-core HP laptop with a 1GB video card :icon_eek:

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I don't know, I kind of like my quad-core HP laptop with a 1GB video card :icon_eek:

How hot does that thing run? You can hardly use those specs on a laptop to there full potential without overheating.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How hot does that thing run? You can hardly use those specs on a laptop to there full potential without overheating.

I don't know that the core i-5's ever ran that hot. I was corrected on the newer i-7's not running nearly as hot, at least the dual core ones.

That Ee7 tablet or whatever looks interesting, but I really like the slider. Also it sounds like whatever bastardization of full-blown Win7 it runs might be garbage (something about it's not designed for touchscreen and so is a real pain).

I've ripped tablets but might actually be looking into them. My laptop beast isn't quite portable enough for the air plane, really, at least not in coach class. So the real question is if Quick Office will do the trick on a tablet for me (and I have my doubts, haven't used it at all). But I can't imagine getting real work done without a keyboard, which is why the Asus slider is interesting.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Having run Win7 Pro (32bit) on a MUCH lower powered Asus (the hybrid PC/tablet T91MT), I'm sure the newer Asus Win tablets will have no problem running Win7. As I've noted before, in particular, Win7 has 10 or 12 nice "hidden" touch features (pinch-zoom, right-click, etc.) that are exposed with touch-sensitive hardware. Most people are skeptics until they try it firsthand, and then the impression improves for the better.

Having used the full version of Quickoffice on the Nook Color, my 2 cents is that it would NOT be a decent Office replacement. Good for viewing on the road...some minor editing...but not document creation. It's not typing that's the problem, but just the speed and responsiveness of the program on an Android tablet--or more specifically, the kind of hardware that's running Android OS.

-Matt

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
Now this is a tablet....I know ASUS makes good stuff.....I would looooooove a wifi version :)