[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt Delay May Only be Until March 3rd or 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man if I was the ceo of motorola now would be a good time to "leak" news about a motorola nexus.

AARG! I dream of a nexus m.... to bad it wouldn't be on Verizon ...

its probably gonna be on sprint :icon_evil:.

Well if it was at least it could work on Verizon lawlz.
I know it's off topic but where have they been? T-Mobile with the hot lady?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I wonder if they thought all these games would generate buzz for the TB.
All it's done for me is make me buy something else out of spite.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
From what I have been reading, I am guessing no sooner than either the 10th or the 17th. But remember like it has been said over and over, all Verizon said was the first quarter which is anytime in March.

But I can say that the delays are partly Apple's fault but also there seems to be an issue with the TB recycling when it connects to the network. So for me, as much as I want this phone, I am willing to wait until the kinks are worked out.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I do not know why people would have to make up stories about having the phone already when it is not released to the public yet.. Especially when people can check all of your previous post!!!!

seldon

Reaction score
It seems pretty clear that Verizon created a fake phone just to build buzz for their LTE network. This phone bears all the classic hallmarks of vaporware. It makes you wonder why they didn't up the specs though - since they apparently made it all up - maybe to make their actual first LTE phones look more awesome?

huskur

Reaction score
personally i hope it doesn't come out for quite some time. It would be nice to have the TB and the Bionic come out close together and do a side by side comparison before purchase.

_33

Reaction score
Just read an article about a possible April release. I think I'm gonna go grab a Nook Color tonight and hold off on 4g awesomeness until there is some sort of selection. I'm not impatient at all, but sitting here hoping for a release date is absurd.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've cleaned this thread up, please stay on topic, and not say that you already own the phone.

2005CTS

Reaction score
I have to laugh that it was now six months ago that the first pictures of this phone were "leaked" on BGR. Then...it was the infamous Miami leak back in October (4 months ago) claiming a pending release. All that said - if anything Verizon and HTC have proven the fact that Miami wasn't being jerked around on the release date. If anything it is clear that Verizon can't get their stuff together in a timely fashion to get this phone on the market. It also explains why almost two months ago HTC hardly had anything to say about this phone at CES - despite all the hype they had with this phone prior to launch....or I mean announcement.

Miami was a victim of brand/carrier management gone bad. This phone should have been introduced as a 3G super phone back before Christmas and let some other phone launch the LTE network. It has gotten out of control. I pitty all those that have waited for the device...because by the time this launches - you all will be that much closer to ther newer devices (like the Bionic) that will have better specs running on the same network.

Speaking of which...I can now confirm that AT&T's network in San Antonio, TX simply blows away Verizon's. I dumped my Blackberry Storm last week and joined the Android community with a new Motorola Atrix, the laptop dock (which is much better than the reviews said), the awsome car dock and standard charging dock. This is hands down the best device I have ever owned. The size is perfect, it is blazing fast, has a great screen and has the best mobile phone call quality I have ever experienced.

If AT&T's network works well in your part of the country - go ahead and move to AT&T and get the right sized 4" Atrix. You won't regret it.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Speaking of which...I can now confirm that AT&T's network in San Antonio, TX simply blows away Verizon's. I dumped my Blackberry Storm last week and joined the Android community with a new Motorola Atrix, the laptop dock (which is much better than the reviews said), the awsome car dock and standard charging dock. This is hands down the best device I have ever owned. The size is perfect, it is blazing fast, has a great screen and has the best mobile phone call quality I have ever experienced.

If AT&T's network works well in your part of the country - go ahead and move to AT&T and get the right sized 4" Atrix. You won't regret it.

I'd like to not have Moto Bloat 2.0 and actually be able to customize/mod my phone and perhaps a better FFC. And of course I'd rather have actual 4G instead of upgraded 3G.

Have fun with the Atrix :D You should post quadrant score. I want to see if it doubles from the Thunderbolt's 1.9k since it has 2 GHz of processing power.

bhall238

Reaction score
I'd like to not have Moto Bloat 2.0 and actually be able to customize/mod my phone and perhaps a better FFC. And of course I'd rather have actual 4G instead of upgraded 3G.

The more I am thinking about it the more I agree with this statement. I don't want the bloat, and I don't want to wait for the Bionic. March 22 my contract ends and I can go to a one year commitment. I know I will pay a little more for the phone, but I can upgrade every year. I'm going to give HTC a chance this time (at least that's what I'm saying today). So if the date slips a little more I'm still happy, just not too much more :).

shortsxit

Reaction score
Hope when you get a 4g phone they will let you keep the new talk and text plus data plan promotion.If anyone has this plan that gets the TB let us know if you were able to keep that plan. Saves me a chunk every month.

That's what I'm hoping, too. 450 minutes, unlimited txt/pix/flx, 5 friends family (including landlines), and unlimited 4G data for $58? Yes, please!

Yanger

Reaction score
Funny conversation with the guy at Best Buy tonight when I went to check out the Xoom...

He tells me the Thunderbolt is probably coming the 3rd or the 10th...he thought the 3rd was most likely...then said the 10th. Then he throws in this nugget...Bionic will be coming before the end of March. He said that Verizon wants to beat the Iphone 5...

Yeah take that for what it's worth...It was a Best Buy Mobile guy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.