Status
Not open for further replies.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thunderbolt-release-rumor.jpg

The 24th of February has arrived and, sadly, there are no HTC Thunderbolts to be found. However, new 'rumint' suggests that it will actually show up on either March 3rd or 4th. Supposedly, an Android enthusiast forum member of BGR was able to go to a 'VIP event' last night that included a peek at the device. The info he gathered at this event indicates the above mentioned dates for the phone. The tipster also indicated that unlimited 4G LTE data will cost $29.99 per month with the ThunderBolt. The picture above shows him holding a shiny new Thunderbolt with yesterday's date clearly visible in order to 'corroborate' his story. It will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true, or if he is just someone looking for some 'attention'. What do you guys think?

Source: Android.net via BGR

AlexSB

Reaction score
If the 29.99 4g unlimited plan is true then #$*& Yes! I'm def looking into 4g phones (LG Optimus 2x maybe????) For my upgrade so its all good with me

Liberated Droid II

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and the TB's bootloader is unlocked, yes? This might be my phone, forget the Bionic haha

N4UPD

Reaction score
Hope when you get a 4g phone they will let you keep the new talk and text plus data plan promotion.If anyone has this plan that gets the TB let us know if you were able to keep that plan. Saves me a chunk every month.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once 29.99 can be confirmed guratneed the question is for how long?? If TB is having issues getting out what's to stop the other 4G phones from having issues?? Of course with TB being the first this could justbe a gorwing pain and the others will already have it worked out.. but for how long will they offer the unlimited.. I know I will sign a two year for 29.99 and just ebay may may through the next couple years to keep the pricing..

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Been talking about this for the last 3 hours or so in the new "Thunderbolt release date" thread lol. Getting pretty exciting. Can't wait to hop on the smartphone bandwagon :D

Detonation

Reaction score
Once 29.99 can be confirmed guratneed the question is for how long?? If TB is having issues getting out what's to stop the other 4G phones from having issues?? Of course with TB being the first this could justbe a gorwing pain and the others will already have it worked out.. but for how long will they offer the unlimited.. I know I will sign a two year for 29.99 and just ebay may may through the next couple years to keep the pricing..

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't really need to use my upgrade right now, but if the unlimited 4g for the same price as 3g is only temporary, I'll sign a contract now to lock it in for 2 years.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
LOL@ the people still thinking on the 23rd that it was going to be released today.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

I picked up the xoom today and the manager and verizon rep said they thought monday but it has been pushed back and do not have a date but he also said there have been a lot of pre orders.

Sent from my Xoom

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ehhh, I want to wait and see how the TBolt compares to the Bionic (physically put my hands on both).

Yeah, I probably would go retail just to lock-in unlimited LTE, but I figure not to just wake up one day to that. There will be strong rumors and maybe even a deadline date from VZW.

Reaction score
29.99 for unlimited 4g data? now that's impressive! i was expecting the worst with the data pricing back in december only to find out it's exactly what i'm paying now.

why wait until march 3or or 4th? is it because the phone is having issuse with skype or isn't cooperating with htcsense.com?

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Does anyone know what month the Bionic is supposed to come out? I too would like to snag unlimited LTE before it gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.