1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt Delay May Only be Until March 3rd or 4th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

The 24th of February has arrived and, sadly, there are no HTC Thunderbolts to be found. However, new 'rumint' suggests that it will actually show up on either March 3rd or 4th. Supposedly, an Android enthusiast forum member of BGR was able to go to a 'VIP event' last night that included a peek at the device. The info he gathered at this event indicates the above mentioned dates for the phone. The tipster also indicated that unlimited 4G LTE data will cost $29.99 per month with the ThunderBolt. The picture above shows him holding a shiny new Thunderbolt with yesterday's date clearly visible in order to 'corroborate' his story. It will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true, or if he is just someone looking for some 'attention'. What do you guys think?

Source: Android.net via BGR
  2. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

What makes me happy is the "unlimited 4G LTE data will cost $29.99 per month with the ThunderBolt." Sweet!
  3. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

If the 29.99 4g unlimited plan is true then #$*& Yes! I'm def looking into 4g phones (LG Optimus 2x maybe????) For my upgrade so its all good with me

Liberated Droid II
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

...and the TB's bootloader is unlocked, yes? This might be my phone, forget the Bionic haha
  5. N4UPD

N4UPD New Member

Hope when you get a 4g phone they will let you keep the new talk and text plus data plan promotion.If anyone has this plan that gets the TB let us know if you were able to keep that plan. Saves me a chunk every month.
  6. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Once 29.99 can be confirmed guratneed the question is for how long?? If TB is having issues getting out what's to stop the other 4G phones from having issues?? Of course with TB being the first this could justbe a gorwing pain and the others will already have it worked out.. but for how long will they offer the unlimited.. I know I will sign a two year for 29.99 and just ebay may may through the next couple years to keep the pricing..
  7. Its TwiX

Its TwiX New Member

Been talking about this for the last 3 hours or so in the new "Thunderbolt release date" thread lol. Getting pretty exciting. Can't wait to hop on the smartphone bandwagon :D
  8. Forgetful

Forgetful New Member

Ya for the bargain price of 300 on a 2 year.
  9. Detonation

Detonation New Member

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't really need to use my upgrade right now, but if the unlimited 4g for the same price as 3g is only temporary, I'll sign a contract now to lock it in for 2 years.
  10. funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive New Member

LOL@ the people still thinking on the 23rd that it was going to be released today.
  11. BUFFALOMADMAN

BUFFALOMADMAN New Member

I picked up the xoom today and the manager and verizon rep said they thought monday but it has been pushed back and do not have a date but he also said there have been a lot of pre orders.

Sent from my Xoom
  12. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I am to the point that I do not believe any release date until it is confirmed by Verizon or I am holding the phone in my hands.
  13. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Ehhh, I want to wait and see how the TBolt compares to the Bionic (physically put my hands on both).

Yeah, I probably would go retail just to lock-in unlimited LTE, but I figure not to just wake up one day to that. There will be strong rumors and maybe even a deadline date from VZW.
  14. MeganLeigh1122

MeganLeigh1122 New Member

29.99 for unlimited 4g data? now that's impressive! i was expecting the worst with the data pricing back in december only to find out it's exactly what i'm paying now.

why wait until march 3or or 4th? is it because the phone is having issuse with skype or isn't cooperating with htcsense.com?
  15. funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive New Member

Does anyone know what month the Bionic is supposed to come out? I too would like to snag unlimited LTE before it gone.
  16. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    The Thunderbolt does has an locked bootloader.. but it is easier to break then Motorola locked bootloader.. We have see the TB rooted and the Atrix. So there is a strong chance that the Bionic will be rooted also...
  17. Its TwiX

Its TwiX New Member

Yes but though the Attrix is rooted, the partitions are signed by Motorola. Which means it is once again, "locked".

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-forums-member-news-depot/127370-atrix-signed-motorola.html
  18. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Wondering then, if the unlimited 4G plan is only $29.99, and the 3G unlimited plan is $39.99, if I should drop the 3G plan (or make it 5GB) and take the 4G plan..o.o
  19. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

So does this mean $30 for 4g and 3g or $30 for just 4g while still paying for 3g? (Making it 60 a month?)
  20. moosez3

moosez3 New Member

As of now no change in price, if you get an LTE phone you get LTE, no price increase. It will probably change in the future though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.