HTC Desire HD review Pics/Videos

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Shadez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Googleaddict

Googleaddict New Member

I read that the 2nd gen snapdragon was supposed to handle the battery life better. Also, it does have a frontfacing camera. Unless you slam your phone onto a flat surface the camera lens will be fine...
  2. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Yeah, don't just totally disregard this phone because of a review... Engadget tends to point out a lot of negatives on non-Apple devices. Also, the camera has a slight bump on the outer edge to keep the phone off the lens.
  3. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

Ugh Apple. Just because a product doesn't have a fruit on the back of it doesn't mean it's bad. Speaking of fruits I'm guessing Engadget is Blackberry happy as well? :laugh: Really though I can't wait for someone like Phonedog to review this phone, they always do a great job. Either way I'm not letting one review make me not want this phone & it's not even out yet.
  4. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Never read a review from Phonedog. Are they bias at all? Engadget is super bias. They gave the Desire HD a 7/10 and the iPhone 4 a 9/10 even though it's a got a friggin' antennae issue.
  5. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

They pretty much give all of the positives of phones even if the phone isn't popular. Unless they are doing a comparison between two phones. They pretty much said the Droid X wrecks iPhone in their Droid X V.S. iPhone video lol.
  6. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Haha... I don't see why everyone gives a huge fuss over the iPhone... it's a decent phone, definitely not perfect, but decent. It's not magical or revolutionary like Engadget claims lol.
  7. Crazywhitie

Crazywhitie New Member

looks like the droid X lol... come on HTC lets see something New
  8. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

yes, but if the specs are very similar (?) then it would be no problem to run the new sense on my incredible if it can get ported. or just use one of the sense hd roms that already exist for the incredible. (and it should run just as fast as on this if the specs are the same (besides screen and ram)

also, i dont think its fair to say this phone is a failure. yes it doesnt have the front camera, but it will still be fast and have a great screen and a very nice looking shape. also, seidio will make a battery for it that will help a ton there. (i have a seidio slim for my incredible and it makes a great difference)
  9. leonozug

leonozug New Member

You know I was just comparing pics of the Desire HD with the leaked pics of the supposed Verizon Incredible HD version....if you look at both phones with the screen facing down, they look very different in the way you would get to the battery and SD card. The Desire HD has two different compartments to access both. But if you look at the pics of the Incredible HD the kickstand, it makes the design look very different. To me it looks like the Incredible HD may just have a one piece design to get to the battery and SD card, hopefully with that said it may come with a bigger battery in this newest incarnation. HTC may have addressed this shortcoming with the underpowered battery for all we know. Don't count this phone out yet!!
  10. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

I noticed that, too. The darker grey metal looks like the piece you remove to get to the battery/SD card.
  11. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Yeah, there is a 2nd gen snapdragon in this. The same in the G2 (but better) which has been overclocked from 800Mhz to 1400Mhz.

WAAYYY more ram than someone should need.

A beautiful new 4.3 in screen.

Android 2.2 w/ Sense 2.5.

Plus, with the pics we get tonight from our good friend miami, we will be able to tell better about things like a kickstand, a ffc, etc.

And, maybe VZW snuck a different battery in this one, or maybe the body on this one will be easier to make an extended battery + case for.

Either way, I AM getting the Inc HD when it comes around. Phone has a ton of potential. Even with temp root I will easily be happy with this phone.. I can already tell.

Sent from my Droid
  12. leonozug

leonozug New Member

You know Tank with the way this phone flys with that newer processor and the slick new Sense with all those different themes, I really don't even see a need to root it. I rooted my Droid 1 to make it faster, but geeze how much faster does this thing really need to be pushed? I will be happy with it just the way it is!! Let's all hope Nov. 23 is the true date cause my D1 is getting old...lol
  13. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

I like true themes, plus neat little features. AND, if we get nand unlock, we could get aosp roms, which would be a huge plus for me. Just a few things i'd like to see happen. Won't ruin the phone for me though.

Sent from my Droid
  14. leonozug

leonozug New Member

True dat Tank...it IS fun to flash Roms with my D1 and have the cool root features. I will definitely be happy just to have root with the Incredible HD though. But of course being able to flash a Rom on it in time would be a huge plus! lol
  15. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 New Member

And I was just about to upgrade to the Dinc on Friday. Waiting another month or so wont hurt. THe Dinc HD sounds like its a sure bet.
  16. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

I'm not to impressed with this phone at all. I like the body but where the battery is located.....I'm not to sure about that.

Not my cup of tea. Great write up though
  17. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

"I'd like to see the next showcase Bob... I think I'm gonna pass on this one"
  18. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Smart move : ) knowing you you'd be kicking yourself once the Olympus leaks start rolling in.

In all honesty armed with what we all know i believe upgrading at this point is pretty much a waste seeing that the LTE devices are right around corner. Not to mention the Motorola Olympus.

I guess it all boils down to what one is happy with in the end. Just food for thought.

Sent from my Droid
  19. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

And I will be perfectly happy with the Droid Incredible HD. ;)

3G is perfectly fast for me and with people going over to 4G, maybe the 3G network will have even better speed. So maybe it'll be a win-win in my situation.
  20. WPThunder25

WPThunder25 New Member

I would love to wait for a LTE phone but I'm sure it will cost more than I am willingly to pay for it so the Incredible HD is my next phone.
Search tags for this page

adw people hub

android for hd7