[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt Delay May Only be Until March 3rd or 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I would love to be a 1st day Thunderbolt user. I have 4G in my area but my contract isn't up till July (to get the full New Every 2). Still, this will be incredibly tempting.

n0yxl

Reaction score
After seeing this weeks Best Buy circular list the upcoming Thunderbolt at $299 on a 2-year; I've officially lost my interest in this overpriced single-core device. :icon_rolleyes:

I'll wait to see what comes down the line in a month or two....

tmal2

Reaction score
After seeing this weeks Best Buy circular list the upcoming Thunderbolt at $299 on a 2-year; I've officially lost my interest in this overpriced single-core device. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm out too.

Just like computers and other electronic items there were always price categories which remained somewhat the same but you got more features for the same price as new models came out because technology got cheaper.
The high end smart phone on Verizon has been in the $200 range(with a 2 year contract) since the original droid. Now Verizon wants $300 (50% more) for a phone in the same category. Enough is enough.
In my opinion Verizon is getting very cocky. All the recent changes they have made make me realize that they now have so much confidence their network that they feel they can jack up prices and not lose customers.

As much as I enjoy the Verizon network their corporate policies are really getting excessive and for the first time in over 10 years I'm considering a network other than Verizon since all the major carriers have decent coverage in my area.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Oh well, more of Best Buys nonsense. Motorola CEO Sanjha Jha already said that the bionic wouldnt come till late Q2(mid to late June). Bionic in March, no way.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Everyone at Best Buy says $249.99 and has also said if you take the ad that says "249.99" when you purchase it, they will honor it.

Hope this helps!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If the rumors about the LTE and battery are true, I predict that $249 (or $299, whatever) drops oh, about 31 days after release.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Droid Bionic is an option for me, it supposed to be release with Froyo though.. that is kind of a step back for a new phone.

It is 4g lte and duel core.

Reaction score
Im still on board. If it comes out before March 4th I will be getting it day 1. I say March 4th because I had to give myself a limit haha. I could not be strung along forever so last week I put a deadline on my constantly going insane researching this phone. If by March 4th its not out, I will let my contracts run out and I am off VZW

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Im still on board. If it comes out before March 4th I will be getting it day 1. I say March 4th because I had to give myself a limit haha. I could not be strung along forever so last week I put a deadline on my constantly going insane researching this phone. If by March 4th its not out, I will let my contracts run out and I am off VZW

I don't blame you for feeling like that, But I consider the Thunderbolt to be well worth the wait - annoying as it may be.

-Mike

georgek

Reaction score

I don't blame you for feeling like that, But I consider the Thunderbolt to be well worth the wait - annoying as it may be.

-Mike

After all this I hope it's really worth the wait.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LyCke7y SpLy7

Reaction score

-Mike

I agree Ultra. I have total faith that this will drop within the next few weeks. I have waited this long now and nothing will deter me from purchasing this on Day 1. I am currently using the Droid X so its not like I don't have something good to use until it releases. I will hope for the best this week.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My plan is to wait until the bionic get close to releasing then buy the incredible. By then the price drop, accessories drop, you will get to see all the reviews and complaints, you can see what kind of roms are released. Some times it pays to wait in more ways than one.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
My plan is to wait until the bionic get close to releasing then buy the incredible. By then the price drop, accessories drop, you will get to see all the reviews and complaints, you can see what kind of roms are released. Some times it pays to wait in more ways than one.

The Incredible? The Dinc is a fine phone - I own one - but it's not in the same league as the HTC Thunderbolt. Can you explain your reasoning?

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.