RSD Lite Troubles

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Cannot restore 2.01 on D1. I've done it many times before but after getting a black screen today I hooked up RSD and the sbf flash seems to go fine, it reboots and instead of being an OS it just keeps rebooting. Eventually RSD just says manually reboot the phone. Drivers installed, it's like the OS isn't there after it flashes.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to go to 2.01?

Why not grab a 2.2 SBF?

You should have to catch the reboot anyways. What version of RSDLite are we talking about here?

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
RSD 4.6

I already had the 2.01 sbf from before so I was just gonna use it then root.

Can't figure out why it keeps rebooting after it appears to be done. I didn't think you had to catch the boot on that part.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RSD 4.6

I already had the 2.01 sbf from before so I was just gonna use it then root.

Can't figure out why it keeps rebooting after it appears to be done. I didn't think you had to catch the boot on that part.

What does the computer say? If it says complete then disconnect it and pull the battery.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to catch it when it goes to reboot the first time to get it in bootloader again for a PASS.

Maybe its the version? I think other people have reported that 4.8 is now the one to use with D1. But I'm not sure.

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
RSD says PASS and no matter if I catch the reboot or not, when I reboot it just keeps showing the M like normal then it reboots. Over and over if I let it.

I have no clue.

EDIT: Installing RSD 4.9 now to see if any different result.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What were you running before you sbf'd?

What about stock recovery? Can you get in there and wipe cache and see if that does anything?

Or do what hookbill suggested and battery pull?

Or sbf RZRecovery on and then load a ROM?

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
LGB 1.7 and my screen went black.

I get no recovery at all using the "X" power method. Just the same plack screen that caused this.

I'll try to flash a recovery and see what happens.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to catch it when it goes to reboot the first time to get it in bootloader again for a PASS.

Maybe its the version? I think other people have reported that 4.8 is now the one to use with D1. But I'm not sure.

Well, fwiw on the day I bricked my D2 it stalled out on the reboot. I put it in bootloader, completed the sbf (passed) but I couldn't get it to boot pass the red eye.

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Well, fwiw on the day I bricked my D2 it stalled out on the reboot. I put it in bootloader, completed the sbf (passed) but I couldn't get it to boot pass the red eye.

Looks like it's probably gone. It's been such a good machine from day 1.

Funny thing is that my upgrade date is May 15....wonder if VZW will let me do it now? Probably not.....

Thanks everyone. I dont have the ability to type much so thats why my details are bad. Just gonna keep trying.....

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

So, hook, you lost the D2 even though the sbf seemed to flash ok?