Help!!! Trouble with RSD lite

jcboyett

Reaction score
Ok, so I got a new droid via assurion, and now I'm ready to re-root. I tried using RSD lite to flash back to the old 2.0.1, but now my phone just turns on into a blank screen. I can still pull up the bootloader menu, to use with RSD lite. But RSD lite won't recognize my phone now. I've uninstalled it and then re-installed it. It still won't recognize my phone. I think I could handle things if I could just get the program to recognize my phone, and I'm gettin' a lil' worried that I might now be able to

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The bootloader menu is the stock one, not sprecovery?

I'm also recommending to folks to use the 3rd link in my signature, rather than flashing back to 2.01, as an easier process. What you did should work. Sounds like this isn't your first Droid. Did you ever successfully flash an SBF file with RSD Lite on a previous phone?

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
My old phone was stock 2.0.1, so I just rooted it the regular way. It took a swim so that's why I got a new one. I unrooted it and updated to 2.1 before I sent it in for insurance, so that all worked out. I need to know what to do here though. I'm not talking about sprecovery. I'm talking about the screen where you hold up+power and then use rsd lite. The program won't recognize my phone like it should, how could I make it do so?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My old phone was stock 2.0.1, so I just rooted it the regular way. It took a swim so that's why I got a new one. I unrooted it and updated to 2.1 before I sent it in for insurance, so that all worked out. I need to know what to do here though. I'm not talking about sprecovery. I'm talking about the screen where you hold up+power and then use rsd lite. The program won't recognize my phone like it should, how could I make it do so?

How is it not recognizing the phone?. You're on the phone at the Bootloader screen. That's it for the phone. The rsd lite program then is run to install the sbf file. It sounds like you tried this, and rsd said it completed?

If your phone doesn't boot up then the next question is how is the battery? Is it plugged into a wall socket and for how long has it been?

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
the phone doesn't show up in RSD lite, so I can't do anything in that program. I initially ran an sbf file in RSD lite and now the screen of my phone only turns white. So now I need to try to re-run the sbf file, maybe it didn't do right the first time. But my phone doesn't show up in RSD lite

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the phone doesn't show up in RSD lite, so I can't do anything in that program. I initially ran an sbf file in RSD lite and now the screen of my phone only turns white. So now I need to try to re-run the sbf file, maybe it didn't do right the first time. But my phone doesn't show up in RSD lite

I was going to ask if you powered on the phone with dpad-up first or opened RSD Lite first but I just tested both ways and the order doesn't matter. My phone shows up whether I start RSD Lite first and then connect the phone or the other way around.

Back to the battery question. Are you plugged into the wall and for how long have you been?

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
battery power shouldn't be an issue. I just plugged it into the wall a few min. ago to check, but I had plenty of battery before I started everything. The screen is still blank white while it's plugged into the wall

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
I THINK I GOT IT!!! I just used my other laptop to download rsd lite and the 32 bit driver, now this computer is recognizing my phone. Maybe the other cpu just turned to **** on me

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nevermind. This sucks, when I select the sbf file and click start it says FAIL, it won't do it for me

So close....bummer.

But it does see the phone?

Try it a couple more times, as that can't hurt. Somewhere I think I saw a post where someone had to sbf a few times before it works.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
there's been some posts that the 64 bit drivers give people trouble. for me when i check rsd it doesnt find my phone. I have to go to config and select first-come something or other. it wont auto detect.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
sounds like a bad download.... try downloading the file again

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
I'm redownloading now, but could it be that now I'm on an older computer. This one is from like '04. The original computer that I was doin' everything on and had rsd working on the first time was from '07

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
what OS is it running?