RSD Lite does not recognize my moto..

bubweiser21

Reaction score
I can not run the SPRecovery file because rsd lite doesnt recognize my phone. I have done everything step-by-step from DMartins guided "Stock 2.1 to 2.2 Froyo Step By Step installation" MY phone is in the boot loader screen, i am running windows 7 64bit.. using the 64bit drivers.. i have extracted that folder and the update folder. i even tried changing the config in rsd to first come first serve like i had read online.. i have been reading up on this since people started to root their droids... now i am just stuck at the very beginning.. i have asked for help on other forums and got no response so any help is appreciated.. my main reason for converting is for wifi tethering..

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man if I had a nickel for every time I saw this...

So what does RSD say?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can not run the SPRecovery file because rsd lite doesnt recognize my phone. I have done everything step-by-step from DMartins guided "Stock 2.1 to 2.2 Froyo Step By Step installation" MY phone is in the boot loader screen, i am running windows 7 64bit.. using the 64bit drivers.. i have extracted that folder and the update folder. i even tried changing the config in rsd to first come first serve like i had read online.. i have been reading up on this since people started to root their droids... now i am just stuck at the very beginning.. i have asked for help on other forums and got no response so any help is appreciated.. my main reason for converting is for wifi tethering..

If you are in the boot loader screen you probably have SPRecovery installed. Have you tried to flash it to see if SPRecovery is installed?

If that's not the case make sure you are installing as the administrator. That's an absolute must in Windows 7 from what I read.

OP
bubweiser21

bubweiser21

Reaction score
Man if I had a nickel for every time I saw this...

So what does RSD say?

RSD says nothing the SPRecovery file loads fine all the info is there for the recovery file but my phone doesnt show up at all

OP
bubweiser21

bubweiser21

Reaction score
If you are in the boot loader screen you probably have SPRecovery installed. Have you tried to flash it to see if SPRecovery is installed?

If that's not the case make sure you are installing as the administrator. That's an absolute must in Windows 7 from what I read.[/QUOTE]

I have the sprecovery file on my computer but it wont let me flash the file to my phone because my phone is not recognized at all

OP
bubweiser21

bubweiser21

Reaction score
my user name is the only one on my computer and is labeled administrator...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my user name is the only one on my computer and is labeled administrator...

Yeah, just try flashing it. Power off, turn the phone on holding the X button on the keyboard. Have you tried that? I'm saying it may be in there you just don't see it on your computer. This happens frequently.

OP
bubweiser21

bubweiser21

Reaction score
Just tried to flash to see if the recovery was there, which it was not.. a screen came up with an explanation mark surrounded by a triangle.. i also tried to run rsd by right-clicking while holding shift.. loaded same as normal but my phone still is not listed

OP
bubweiser21

bubweiser21

Reaction score
do i need to turn usb debugging on or anything of that nature?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just tried to flash to see if the recovery was there, which it was not.. a screen came up with an explanation mark surrounded by a triangle.. i also tried to run rsd by right-clicking while holding shift.. loaded same as normal but my phone still is not listed

OK...Then you don't have it installed in your phone, we can rule that out. Now once again about running it as an admin. Did you do as jntowers suggested in his post?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you are running as admin and it's still not working, there are a handful of things that can cause lack of recognition by rsd... make sure you're running rsd 4.6, try different usb ports on your computer, make sure you're using the factory usb cord that came with it (or one that can txfr data), there is something in the rsd menu you can check, but for the life of me i can't remember it now... maybe one of the rescue squad guys will see this...

if you have another machine that has XP or Win 7 32 bit, might try there as well if it's easy to get to... i've seen a handful of times some people just flat out can't get it to work on 64 bit for no explainable reason

there are some other things to try and i just can't remember... will do some searching

OP
bubweiser21

bubweiser21

Reaction score
Yes i tried running rsd as administrator like jntowers had suggested.. i am using the stock usb cord, i have tried all three parts on my computer because my microsoft mouse will only work while being plugged into one port but they all work with the pdanet application so idk.. as far as the rsd config i tried changing it to first come first serve (DEVICE ID) as i read in someone else's trouble shooter which had worked for them... Still no luck..
I will have my g/f bring her laptop down later i think its windows7 32bit driver not certain tho..

Keep me posted.. Thanks A Lot.. I appreciate your efforts.. Jeff

anilraj420

Reaction score
i have the same proublem i dont know what to do im trying the rsd but not reading it

anilraj420

Reaction score
when i go to first time in configure in rsd it say failed to update PST.ini